Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » SNOWSTORMS IN COLORADO THIS EARLY? Unprecedented? Is Mother Nature angry and punishing us or is it a higher power?

SNOWSTORMS IN COLORADO THIS EARLY? Unprecedented? Is Mother Nature angry and punishing us or is it a higher power?

Posted - September 9, 2020

Responses

It's not unprecedented for Denver, the earliest first snowfall for them was on the 3rd of September in 1961, but this was the earliest snowfall ever for Rapid City, South Dakota.  I live on the other side of South Dakota from Rapid City, so no snow for me, but it's supposed to be 32˚F here tomorrow morning.  It was 37˚F this morning and 38˚F yesterday morning.
      September 9, 2020 11:43 AM MDT

SERIOUSLY Liv? It isn't even autumn yet and FREEZING in South Dakota NOW? Is that "normal" or rare or never happened before? Thank you for chiming in to let us know how it goes in your neck of the woods. Happy Thursday m'dear and STAY SAFE! :)
      September 10, 2020 4:58 AM MDT

It's just the weather. Why do you want to find conspiracies everywhere?
      September 9, 2020 11:45 AM MDT

They call it a natural cyclic change in weather patterns. Nothing unusual about that. Here in Michigan, I remember one deer hunting season (Nov 15), some years ago, when the temperature was 65 to 70 degrees. No one got a deer but we did play a lot of horseshoes and lawn darts. Nobody thought anything about it. No end of the world scenario here.
      September 9, 2020 1:49 PM MDT