Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is the last thing you saw that you have never seen before?

What is the last thing you saw that you have never seen before?

I saw a bumblebee and a honey bee go into the same flower.

Posted - September 12, 2020

Responses

I saw a man take his wife and infant child on a “tour” of the local wastewater treatment plant. His supposed justification was that he wanted to show his immigrant wife (born in South America and had been in the US just over two months) something of the US that indicated it is a better place to live than in her country. He had lived in her country previously, had not been able to get a job there because he didn’t speak the language and has a criminal record. Now that they lived in the US, he faced the same difficulty in finding employment based on his criminal past. Homesick, loving living in poverty in an isolated rural town in the South, terminally lonely, and bored, she was disillusioned and disappointed with the decision to emigrate, and had given him a deadline of sixty days to find a job or she would take their baby and return to her home country to live with her large family. For some unknown reason, he thought a field trip to a sewage dump would lift her spirits. 

Oh, by the way: it didn’t work. Plans are underway to book an international flight . . .

~

This post was edited by Randy D at September 14, 2020 8:54 AM MDT
      September 12, 2020 8:51 AM MDT

I thought your wife was Filipina.
      September 12, 2020 8:56 AM MDT

Grrrrrrrrr, it’s NOT ME!
      September 12, 2020 8:58 AM MDT

loving living in poverty. How do you know all this about these folks? Are they neighbors and/or personal acquaintances?
      September 12, 2020 8:56 AM MDT

A reality TV show. I don’t know them personally. 

~

September 12, 2020 8:57 AM MDT

Wow, people actually watch those things? I suppose retirement affects the mind in many ways.
      September 12, 2020 9:23 AM MDT

So you're a 90-day fiance fan?
      September 12, 2020 3:32 PM MDT

(((((Shhhhhhh!)))))

September 12, 2020 6:47 PM MDT

Wow. You better delete this entire thread! 90-Day Fiance??? I would have assigned you The Real Housewives of Orange County. I need to rethink this entire thing now. Wow. You might get Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty now. 

September 12, 2020 7:09 PM MDT

Okay, okay, okay, so I’ve been addicted to “Ninety-Day Fiancé” for about two or three seasons now, I admit it, don’t browbeat me!  
      In my own defense of guilty pleasures, I’ve never watched any of the housewives franchise, or duck, or boo boo, the Lard-ass-ians, or bachelor/bachelorette, or dunce with the stars (intentionally written that way), or any of the chef/cooking/kitchen shows, or my teenager is an idiot, or medical condition of the week club, or anything with “hip hop” in its title or subtitle, or or or or or or . . .

September 12, 2020 7:19 PM MDT

Very interesting that you've somehow put 90-Day Fiance above an Emmy-award winning series, Randall. Very interesting indeed. 

#defensive
    #deflection

September 12, 2020 7:23 PM MDT

I hadn't heard of that one. The only one I watch is 'Married at First Sight', so it seems like I might enjoy '90-Day Fiance'.
      September 12, 2020 7:43 PM MDT

You know, I may do the same: take a hint from you by adding “Married At First Sight” to my viewing pleasures. I’ve seen its commercials and it just may be tolerable for me.

Funny story: my wife was a 90-day fiancé, but our story is quite different than what’s on that TV show. I knew her and her family for two years before we married, for one thing. There was no internet back then, either. When she and I watch the show, we‘re equally pissed off with practically each and every couple, we can’t see why either person is attracted to the other besides for monetary reasons or immigration-related benefits, we think they should all break up and never speak with each other again. I spend half my time shouting at the TV screen due to the stupidity, arrogance, and lack of morals, and my wife is usually both thoroughly disgusted by and utterly embarrassed about the segments involving The Philippines.
    ~

September 12, 2020 8:40 PM MDT

I don't know about the last thing, but the next thing I see that I have never seen before will be a reality TV show. Unless, of course, it's not, as I don't intend to watch such a thing anytime soon.
      September 12, 2020 9:25 AM MDT

Reality TV is the best. People are actually much more ridiculous when there's no script involved. 

For you, I'm thinking 'Top Chef'. I think you'll enjoy it. 
      September 12, 2020 4:33 PM MDT

Do you really think those shows have no script? That's so cute.
      September 12, 2020 6:56 PM MDT

Oh, I know there are suggested story lines and instigators. But I don't think they're scripted. Most that I've watched, anyway. 
      September 12, 2020 6:59 PM MDT

Lol. For “ratings” sake, the producers do everything they can to extract the lowest common denominator of ghetto-fabulous life or trailer park life that they can squeeze out of people, below and beyond the depths to which the low-bred may have stopped without cameras being thrust into their faces.  For an example of producers’ interference, a recent ridiculous exchange between two Brazilian women, one of whom had been brought to the US by a man who married her and then divorced her, the second woman was the next girlfriend he had after the divorce. When the girlfriend broke up with him, she arranged to meet with the ex-wife so that the two of them could badmouth the idiot they had had in common. The ridiculous part was that even though both of them speak a little bit of English, neither is completely fluent as to understand nor be understood very well, yet for the sake of ratings, they stumbled through the conversation in broken English. The show normally translates entire segments either by subtitles or online translations, and in every language in the world, yet they expected us to believe this particular heated conversation wouldn’t take place in Portuguese. I rolled my eyes so much that I may need to get the alignment on my corneas checked.

This post was edited by Randy D at September 12, 2020 9:09 PM MDT
      September 12, 2020 8:54 PM MDT

I saw a story about
    a Deer  that had ben killed by a swarm of mosquitos.

September 12, 2020 9:32 AM MDT

Oh deer!
      September 12, 2020 9:35 AM MDT

How much dough would it take to produce a story like that for TV?  I’m sure we’re talking a whole lot of bucks, don’t you think?

~

September 12, 2020 9:15 PM MDT

Resonatly I saw Looney Laurie's package for the first time. He got in a dispute with the  bus driver and took his flip-flops and cargo pants off and threw them at the bus driver. On the humourus side it helped me under stand why he is crazy (I would be crazy too if I only had a package that size). But it also worries me because in the 30 years that I have known him he has never done anything violent so maybe he needs new meds. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 12, 2020 11:15 AM MDT

I had never seen the California fires from above the clouds.

September 12, 2020 11:34 AM MDT

Thick billowing smoke right above my head.  

September 12, 2020 12:19 PM MDT