Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Did Bernie Sanders really threaten Joe Biden? That if Joe stays centrist he loses to dipsh**? That Joe has to go more left? OR ELSE?

Did Bernie Sanders really threaten Joe Biden? That if Joe stays centrist he loses to dipsh**? That Joe has to go more left? OR ELSE?

An ULTIMATUM? A PROMISE?

What do ou think about an also ran trying to call the shots for the winner?

Posted - September 14, 2020

Responses

I think it's a fair point to say that not getting more votes from left-leaning folks would clear the path for Trump again.

I don't know why so many liberals seem hostile towards Bernie. For instance, even Fox News describes Bernie's thoughts not as "threats" but as "privately voiced worries." Calling him an also-ran appears to have a negative connotation, considering Bernie voluntarily withdrew, in support of Biden. I do believe he was simply offering advice, even if it's unlikely to change anything.

Maybe it will take Trump's re-election for the Democrats to realise they would've been better off providing Bernie with more support. I'm afraid this might be one of the issues on which we disagree, Rosie, but I'm no less wishing you a very happy Monday!
      September 14, 2020 6:41 AM MDT

No worries m'dear. We can disagree and still be friendly. I never liked Bernie. Why? Too STRIDENT AND ANGRY to suit me. He was always IMPASSIONED AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL. He was exhausting. Didn't know how to pace himself or pause or quiet down. I'm too old to enjoy that kind of energy. I also am not a fan of SELF-RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION nor his fans who always seemed to be threatening ULTIMATUMS. They were all for BERNIE specifically and not the Democratic party. Not my cuppa tea in any way. So Bernie was never a candidate for me and I am a PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL. Whaddya know? Thank you for your thoughtful reply DG and Happy Monday to thee and thine. Please STAY SAFE! :)

Now the Bernie ettes threaten to abandon Biden if he doesn't roll over and do their bidding? I say screw them. Sorry but that's how I feel. I just thought of a question which may upset you so I apologize in advance. Here goes. This post was edited by RosieG at September 14, 2020 7:00 AM MDT
      September 14, 2020 6:46 AM MDT