Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You know what would be tons of fun? Tossing every Washington, D.C. political barnyard animal into the ocean. Can you picture it?

You know what would be tons of fun? Tossing every Washington, D.C. political barnyard animal into the ocean. Can you picture it?

Some will swim and some will sink. Whoever is left will run things.

Put it on Pay per View. What would you pay to see that?

Posted - September 18, 2020

Responses

I've had a tendency to gain weight since childhood.  When I was in high school, I thinned down quite a bit and kept it off for a long time.  After I stopped smoking, I gained about 25 lbs. and was never able to take it off and since I've gotten older, I seem to hold onto more weight.  I've also been diagnosed with a slow thyroid, but the medication hasn't seemed to make a difference.   
      September 23, 2020 11:19 AM MDT

Bummer! Of course the virus limits you too. What I discovered is that I am very susceptible to simple carbs. I can blow up like a balloon if I eat regular pasta. All we eat is DREAMFIELDS. It contains INULIN which BLOCKS CARBS from harming you. i eat as much as I want of that. If I eat sugary things I blow up. A little is okay but I do better eating the things made by Atkins or anything without sugar. I read a diet book that really helped and it was about how some people are very sensitive to simple carbs and if they stop eating them and switch to complex carbs (whole grains..the higher the fiber count the better) weight just almost melts away. It worked for me. I love veggies and whole grains and nuts and seeds so it's been really easy to base our diets mostly on that. Fortunately Jim shares my food likes and he used to weigh 180 years ago but today he weighs about 153 and feels healthy. We don't diet. We don't deprive ourselves of whatever we want to eat. We're just cognizant of what sugar does so we choose carefully.  Also our appetites are a lot smaller. The Carbsmart ice cream is good. There is a butter pecan sugar free ice cream that is delicious. Also a salted caramel sugar-free ice cream. They make sugar free cherry and apple pies at Winco. Jim is the pie eater so he isn't deprived. I have a taste now and then but mainly I'm the salty crunchy munchy gal. I don't know if you are also very sensitive to simple carbs L but if you are you might switch over slowly. Also as we age I think our metabolisms slow down. Anyway I know you're beautiful and as long as you're healthy who cares if you're not a skinny minny? Thank you for your reply sweetie. My sis has had a heckuva time with her weight. She is holding her own but it's always a struggle for her. I guess I'm just lucky I found what worked for me and love it. Do you love pasta as I do? Do they carry Dreamfields in any of the stores you go to? If so give it a try! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 24, 2020 9:36 AM MDT
      September 23, 2020 12:16 PM MDT

I do like pasta, but don't eat it that often.  I haven't seen Dreamfields pasta or Carbsmart ice cream in my area.  I tried the whole grain pasta once, but it tasted like cardboard, so I'd rather eat it less often and truly enjoy it.  I would probably be better off if I was a picky eater.  Unfortunately, I like almost everything - healthy and otherwise. :)
      September 24, 2020 9:38 AM MDT

That's the great thing about Dreamfield's. It is exactly like regular pasta because it is. But the INULIN they include is what makes it so friendly. Too bad they don't have those options L. That way you don't ever feel deprived. Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 24, 2020 9:49 AM MDT

The last thing I feel is deprived. :)  
      September 24, 2020 9:51 AM MDT

In a perfect world you could eat anything you wanted to eat and it would be nutritious and healthy and no one would ever have to worry about being too heavy or too thin. How bad would that be? Not at all! Thank you for your reply L!
      September 29, 2020 4:06 AM MDT

Maybe that will happen in my next life and maybe I'll have gorgeous gams that go all the way up, too, like the Victoria's Secret models. :)
      September 29, 2020 8:27 AM MDT

Anything is possible L! So you want long gams? I'd like to be a GENIUS next time around. My son is and his friends are and they seem to have it made intellectually. They get why stupid is so very stupid stupid. They understand purposeful ignorance. They are never upended by the stupid dumb worshipping of the stupid dumb. They take it all in stride.  Not me! I take it personally. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 29, 2020 1:02 PM MDT

Yup, I want long gams.  I can hardly stand to be around some people that are stupid now, so why would I want to be more smart?  I'd probably shoot myself.
      September 29, 2020 1:10 PM MDT

My better half also has a slow thyroid - get yourself checked out for Hashimoto's. If positive, stay away from gluten and beans, they're both antagonistic towards thyroxine - and eat sushi, the iodine in the kelp is terrific. If you're a drinker, treat yourself to an occasional Laphroaig - very occasional, it's expensive but less so than smoking. Islay peat is also iodine-rich (fossilized seaweed), the barley is dried and the spirit distilled over a peat fire, that's where the smoky flavour of whisky comes from.
      September 29, 2020 3:55 PM MDT

I am under doctor's supervisions for it.  I dislike uncooked fish.  Not much of a drinker and I gave up smoking a very long time ago, but thanks for the health tips. :)
      September 29, 2020 5:18 PM MDT

Sushi is anything wrapped in rice and seaweed - can be fish either cooked or pickled in lemon juice (the acid 'cold cooks' the fish), or cooked chicken, or pork - there's even vegan sushi where the filling is avocado. The wrapping is more important for low thyroid function.
    Hashimoto's disease is an autoimmune disorder where the body's own immune system misrecognizes the thyroid gland as a foreign body and attacks it - it can be serious, so do get it checked out. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at September 30, 2020 12:49 PM MDT
      September 29, 2020 5:32 PM MDT

I guess most people like me think of raw fish when they hear "sushi."  I am on top of the thyroid issue, thanks. :)
      September 30, 2020 12:50 PM MDT

Pointless. As I've said before, fat floats. All politicians, despite body shape, have an excess of fat in the head - which keeps their faces above water :-(
      September 22, 2020 10:50 PM MDT

I agree that most of them are fatheads. But some aren't like Tammy Duckworth whom you have praised on more than one occasion. There are some who are heroic and patriotic and honorable. Fewer than their opposites but at least we know whom they are. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      September 23, 2020 6:05 AM MDT