Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Weather » What’s the longest you’ve ever been “snowed in” your house? About 4 days for me.

What’s the longest you’ve ever been “snowed in” your house? About 4 days for me.

Posted - September 22, 2020

Responses

That’s horrible, I kind of remember one ice storm we went with out electricity for a few days, but that was a long time ago. I think still living with my parents so they stresses about it, I didn’t care at the time :) 
      September 25, 2020 12:37 PM MDT

It really was not that bad.  Like I said we had heat, hot water and could cook.  Without those it would have been bad.  

Kids did not mind...they we out of school. :)
      September 25, 2020 12:53 PM MDT

I've never been trapped, but about 6 years ago now did go through about a week when it was impossible to drive anywhere.  My house was on a hill, and the adjacent car-park and estate roads were just sheets of ice.

I was able to commute by train, with my home station a very cautious quarter-hour walk away and the work premises about three-quarter hour walk from its station (slow due to the ice).

I could also walk to shops not far away, but had to take it very carefully.

The freshly-fallen snow was only a couple of inches deep but people driving on the un-cleared roads and even just walking on the snowy pavements soon compressed it into treacherous ice. (The main roads were soon cleared enough to be driveable with care.)    
      November 2, 2020 3:04 PM MST