Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Imagine an alternate planet in which all animal species had the ability to develop intelligence equal to the way that human intelligence can

Imagine an alternate planet in which all animal species had the ability to develop intelligence equal to the way that human intelligence can

increase over time (centuries, not generations nor individual lifetimes).  I’m not referring to each and every species eventually having the exact same intelligence, thought-processes, thinking abilities as humans, but certainly something more advanced than the status quo.

Specifically, but not limited to just this example, animal species that are often prey could theoretically understand how to better protect themselves from predator species, and teach their young how to do the same, and/or various species could better learn to outsmart other species in the quest for food, shelter, survival.  Of course, the life cycle requires that innate abilities are balanced so that the lifecycle we currently know remains intact. This speculation I’m bring up not only takes that into account, it also challenges it. 

What are your thoughts on the feasibility of this imagery?  Think outside the confines of known entities, present realities, “the box”.  Expand to possibilities and probabilities beyond our current world view. Thank you.

~

Posted - September 22, 2020

Responses

I think the vegetarian animals would get together and designate huge land reserves only for use of their own kinds. They would build a suitable wall around their territory and drive out all the meat eater species and allow in any vegetarian kinds seeking refugee status within. Then the meat eater species would only survive either killing and eating each other or learn how to become vegetarian.

Once a peaceful existence could be established then they could begin to develop some kind of government and education systems et al for a healthy evolving society.
      September 23, 2020 1:31 AM MDT

Thank you for your answer, it certainly presents interesting scenarios. I like your line of thinking. 

September 23, 2020 7:05 AM MDT