Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » what does it mean when a fan is acting weird?

what does it mean when a fan is acting weird?

my fan was acting weird, it would make a really loud noise when i turned it on and it got to the point where it would take a half hour to get it to turn on.   i didnt know if it was the motor or not, i cant go without one cause i use it for white noise so i dont hear my neighbors when im sleeping, i tried to get another one at the dollar store near me and took my grocery cart and was going to wheel one back but they werent selling them. i dont have a car so i just went on amazon and ordered another one and ups dropped it off today. i trashed my other one, do you think it couldve started a fire acting like that, ive had it for yrs so i think the motor was wearing out, any ideas?

Posted - September 24, 2020

Responses

Sounds like that fan could be a fire hazard might be wise to get rid of it and get something else for white noise. Cheers!
      September 24, 2020 3:39 PM MDT

i already did, i trashed it and got another one from amazon, ups just dropped it off today
      September 24, 2020 4:11 PM MDT

Good.  Cheers!
      September 24, 2020 4:38 PM MDT

Sounds like demonic possession. Good thing you trashed it. 
      September 24, 2020 5:28 PM MDT

If you replaced it, it doesn't matter what was wrong with the old one.  Any electrical appliance that makes funny noises or doesn't work as it should can be a fire hazard.
      September 24, 2020 8:51 PM MDT

Pearl! Look at you! You have fans!! Yay! Umm, yeah, they can start acting weird sometimes.  I know, I'm pretty popular myself.  They do things like rummage through your trash in the middle of the night.  I have one super-fan named Randy who's always digging through my trash, not sure exactly what he thinks he'll find in there.  Anyway, just be nice to them, sign your photos for them and enjoy their adoration. 
      September 24, 2020 9:40 PM MDT

Listen, the cops, the prosecutor’s office, the feds, and the media all closed the investigations against you due to lack of evidence (sounds like you paid them off), but I know there’s some dirt on you somewhere, and as soon as I find it, I’m going to write an exposé!  And I’m not a fan! Grrrrrrrrrrrr. 

September 25, 2020 7:48 AM MDT