Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » What was the last song you bought/downloaded? I haven’t downloaded anything new in months and this was the last one..

What was the last song you bought/downloaded? I haven’t downloaded anything new in months and this was the last one..

I must have been drunkish or depressed or something. 

Posted - September 25, 2020

Responses

Okay, I will. I don't want you to run out of money!!

September 27, 2020 5:25 PM MDT

I used to think that remarrying Jaimie would end my troubles. After seven or eight more divorces, I’ve abandoned that strategy. Nothing seems to help.

:(

September 29, 2020 4:39 PM MDT

Yeah, that doesn't seem like a great plan. 
      September 29, 2020 5:52 PM MDT

Remember Napster?

~

September 26, 2020 1:17 PM MDT

I never used that, I did use Limewire which I think is same kind of thing. 
      September 27, 2020 6:12 AM MDT

~

September 27, 2020 7:38 AM MDT

I was more into KaZaA and WinMX. Then Bit torrenting became the thing, it's illegal almost everywhere but a VPN makes it near impossible to track. KickAss Torrents and ThePirateBay have been shut down multiple times but clones keep popping up every time.

September 29, 2020 6:23 PM MDT

Banana, banana, banana, banana.

:)

September 30, 2020 10:31 PM MDT

• My last download was Release My Symphony from Visions of Atlantis.

September 29, 2020 12:47 PM MDT

Nice:) I like this, thank you. 
      September 29, 2020 2:18 PM MDT

• With Spotify I haven't had to buy or download anything in years.  But the last release I was pretty excited for was Metallica's new album with the San Fran symphony.

September 29, 2020 2:22 PM MDT

I don’t have Spotify lol. I remember when I first wanted it maybe 2016ish it wasn’t available in Canada. I was pissed off. It is available here now but I’m still holding onto that grudge. Also Metallica‘s a worthy download. 
      September 29, 2020 2:26 PM MDT

• It's not a bad deal...I have Spotify and Hulu bundled for like only $8/month. 
      September 29, 2020 2:28 PM MDT

No hulu available here -_- 
      September 29, 2020 2:29 PM MDT

Do get a bunch of music with Amazon subscription, I’m sure you know that. I’ve just never used that feature and I don’t know why. 
      September 29, 2020 2:30 PM MDT

• Lol, I forgot you don't get Hulu there.  Paired with horrible Amazon suggestions for movies.  Probably the music is lacking too.  Just a bunch of Bieber and Avril Lavigne. 
      September 29, 2020 2:33 PM MDT

My music is fine:/ lol I know you‘ve seen my horrible Amazon suggestions. I forgot tell you but after all the fiasco of that night, a week or so later, I was on one of my Canadian channel apps just looking for old shows Cos they have a retro section  and they had the movie we were looking for free just hanging out there Lol. 

Is Hulu movies or just tv?

September 29, 2020 2:45 PM MDT

• We need to watch that one soon....like actually watch it.  I know you would love some of the jokes and references.  Hulu has both movies and tv.  Just like Netflix but quite as established.  They by no means have the same level of original stuff.  But they do have every single episode of Seinfeld.....
      September 29, 2020 2:47 PM MDT

We can watch that next movie night. I’ll prove to you I can shut up  for hour and half and actually pay attention to the movie lol. I’ll really try anyway. I want to actually watch it after all the trying find it lol... Also, jealous of the Hulu Seinfeld. -_-
      September 29, 2020 5:10 PM MDT

Currently listening my way through "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die". Sheer bloody-mindedness at the moment, most of it is pretty bad. Also biased - three artists I'm aware of that had a #1 album in each of five decades (Cher, Cliff Richard and John Farnham) failed to make the cut, while one-hit-wonders Dexy's Midnight Runners scored three albums and no-hit-wonders Echo and the Bunnymen managed four. The Seekers' farewell album, The Seekers Say Goodbye Live at the Talk of the Town should also absolutely be in there imho, as much for bassist Athol Guy's patter as MC and the banter between him and singer/guitarist Bruce Woodley riffing off each other as for the timeless, magical songs.
    Bit torrenting 50 albums at a time via a VPN - treating TPB as a library, I'm not keeping this stuff after I've heard it once. Most of it is also out of circulation, so I can't buy it even if I wanted to.
      September 29, 2020 6:09 PM MDT