Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "A Seattle cop was suspended for walking a bike over a protester's head". Ya gotta admire these cops. How inventive is that?

"A Seattle cop was suspended for walking a bike over a protester's head". Ya gotta admire these cops. How inventive is that?

Posted - September 27, 2020

Responses

If you saw the video that was on the news the other day, you'd see that he didn't "walk" his bike over the protestor's head, he RODE the bike over the protestor's head.  That copy should have been suspended.  
      September 28, 2020 10:53 AM MDT

Hi Spunky Senior! I posted a reply and then deleted because I was baking brownies and had mistakes in my reply and . . anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and get my act together and reply. :)

I, too, wondered about whether the officer was riding or walking. Depending on the videos I watched ( I looked up a couple),  in some of them it did look like the officer maybe was riding. However, after watching closely in this video (and this video's angle was maybe wider than some and farther away), and in no way does it excuse what the officer did, the officer is walking or slowly jogging with the bike - - this officer in question is the only officer walking with a bike, the other ones are riding. But they're all dressed in dark and it's night, and they're all close together, so, for me, it does sort of still all blend together. 

Again, I only posted because I had wondered, too, about it all. And, like I said, to me, whether the officer was riding or walking, does not make it any better what the officer did.

Hope you're great! Be Well!
    :)

September 28, 2020 6:07 PM MDT

:):):)
      September 29, 2020 1:25 AM MDT

Even more inventive L! I did not see the video but in my mind's eye I just saw it as you described it. Hateful cruelty at worst or abject indifference at best. I wonder what other tricks cops have used to keep from getting bored? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday. That is what must best represent the boys in blue. Girls too. A bond they share. The best and the brightest. :( This post was edited by RosieG at September 29, 2020 8:30 AM MDT
      September 29, 2020 1:24 AM MDT

What some of the cops are doing is reprehensible and it's even more reprehensible that they are not held to account for their misdeeds, but I don't believe they are all like that.  I sometimes wonder how we would react in situations where there are riots, lootings, shootings, etc. day after day for months at a time.  How well would we be able to maintain our composure and not want to lash out?  That is by no means excusing what some of these cops are doing.
      September 29, 2020 8:33 AM MDT

Good question. I know this. What I was told as a child turns out to be BULLSH*! COPS are not FRIENDS TO EVERYONE!  My interactions with cops over the years has been SPLENDID except for one sour lemonpuss. Howeer I am a "white" woman so why would I not have excellent interactions? Usually I go by my experience but in that case it is WORTHLESS. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 29, 2020 12:54 PM MDT

You're right - from this angle, it does appear that the cop was walking his bike.   However, there was no one blocking his right and he could have easily walked around the protester instead of riding over him.
      September 28, 2020 7:30 PM MDT

You're right, definitely. There's plenty of room to go around.
      September 28, 2020 7:34 PM MDT

September 29, 2020 1:27 AM MDT

September 29, 2020 1:27 AM MDT