Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Poll: If you're a woman (or other person who feels like it), do you wear make-up?

Poll: If you're a woman (or other person who feels like it), do you wear make-up?

A) Never
B) Only on special occasions
C) Only if I'm leaving the house to deliberately engage with other people outside of my neighborhood
D) Daily

Posted - October 2, 2020

Responses

I wore it when I went into the office, but since mid-March, the only time I put on makeup was to do a 70th birthday video for one of my sisters.  
      October 2, 2020 7:14 PM MDT

Thanks for responding. 

Follow-up question. Have you ever worn false eyelashes? 
      October 3, 2020 7:35 AM MDT

Tried it once.  It felt like I was wearing window shades on my eyes and I took the right off and never wore them again.
      October 3, 2020 9:24 AM MDT

That's about what I suspected it would feel like! 

I'm not gonna do it! 
      October 4, 2020 12:49 PM MDT

Go for it.  I found it very uncomfortable.
      October 5, 2020 10:52 AM MDT

D) Daily

I live with other people, so I put on makeup and get dressed every day.  My husband also gets dressed everyday.  We're kind of weird like that because we never look slobby in front of each other, so no lounging around the house in my pajamas and uncombed hair for me and no walking around the house in underwear for him.
      October 2, 2020 8:17 PM MDT

Interesting! Sounds like a lot of work. ;)

Do you ever include false eyelashes as part of your makeup routine? 

October 3, 2020 7:36 AM MDT

My lashes are long enough to look good with mascara, so I don't use false lashes a whole lot.  The ones I have are for wings.  I use them sometimes, but only if I'm dressing up and going out.  Mascara and eye liner are part of my routine.
      October 4, 2020 12:03 PM MDT

Are they difficult to put on and take off?  I've seen commercials for magnetic ones, and seem extremely uncomfortable. 

I've seen people remove them on camera and I wondered if people get hooked on them and end up having to use them all the time because their real lashes get ripped out when they take off the fake ones. Can you confirm or deny this? Also, are they uncomfortable to wear? 
      October 4, 2020 12:13 PM MDT

I have to agree with Spunky Senior's feeling like it's wearing window shades, but if you're ripping out your eyelashes when you take them off, I think you put them on the wrong way.  You're supposed to glue them to your eyelid as close as possible to your natural lashes, but don't glue them directly to your eyelashes.  I don't know why anyone would do that.   I think they're only uncomfortable if you don't wear them a whole lot, which I don't, but later in the night I've stopped noticing that I was wearing them.  They're easier to take off than to put on, but that's just me.  I need to spend more time when putting them on so they look natural.

This post was edited by Livvie at October 4, 2020 1:30 PM MDT
      October 4, 2020 12:36 PM MDT

Thanks for the info!

I've lived this long without them. I can't see starting it now. :)
      October 4, 2020 12:51 PM MDT

Why do you ask ?

October 2, 2020 10:54 PM MDT

Curiosity, I guess. 

I'm generally "C", but it's usually not much makeup. 

I think you need a new shade of foundation. You need a bit more orange/tan tone. Ask Trump, he should be able to recommend something. 
      October 3, 2020 7:42 AM MDT

So you do your look when you leave the house to deliberately enrage people? Yeah, me too.

But I don't think I could make more orange work. Donny sort of owns that shade of fake. This post was edited by BetaLoon at October 4, 2020 1:00 PM MDT
      October 3, 2020 4:49 PM MDT

It really depends on the occasion and my mood, I guess. 

I usually wouldn't suggest this to anyone, but you might need to get some sun. :)
      October 3, 2020 7:15 PM MDT

I moon-tan perfectly - But I'll think about that "sun" thing you mention.

Can you stay home and still deliberately enrage people? I kinda like that idea.
      October 4, 2020 1:08 PM MDT

I don't even own any makeup anymore.  I've lived here since 2015 and I threw it away when I moved .  I was going to buy all new stuff.  I haven't gotten around to that. 
      October 2, 2020 11:12 PM MDT

I can't imagine not owning any, but I definitely don't own as much as I once did. 

Thanks for your reply. 
      October 3, 2020 7:44 AM MDT

A.
      October 3, 2020 8:17 AM MDT

I remember when it used to take me over an hour to "get ready". Such a waste of precious time! :)
      October 3, 2020 8:52 AM MDT

Mostly C, occasionally I will put on makeup even if not leaving the house especially when I was working from home a lot cos..I don’t really know why, just cos lol.
    Also no, I never wear fake eyelashes.  
      October 3, 2020 8:40 AM MDT

I've put on makeup for virtual meetings and I've also not put on any. Depends on the meeting and whose going to be participating. I've never worn false eyelashes even once in my life. I wouldn't even know how to put them on! :)

Best thing about COVID-19 is not having to wear a bra most of the time. Except that now when I do have a full day in public, it's even more torturous than it was before. :)
      October 3, 2020 8:50 AM MDT

Haha, I always get full dressed when working from home. I think I just don’t  feel fully awake if I’m not, it’s a me thing. I wouldn’t know how to do the false eyelashes either. I do load up on mascara when doing my makeup to go out,  so that’s enough eyelash for me :) 
      October 3, 2020 8:53 AM MDT

I only need coffee to feel awake, definitely don't need a bra. :)

I used to never wear mascara, but I sometimes do now on my bottom lashes. They're not as full as they once were. :(

October 3, 2020 8:58 AM MDT