Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you still listen to a real radio of any kind?

Do you still listen to a real radio of any kind?

Posted - October 8, 2020

Responses

Not at any point have I written one word about you changing anything. I have stated frequently here that I don’t tell, demand, expect, coerce, or influence people to edit or change or delete grammatical errors.  That is something that people either do or do not do of their own volition.  By the way, that website did not give instruction toward your decision to post an error. The sentence from their graphic to which you refer and on which you rely specifically states that people occasionally use the word as a noun, ito does not state that it is either correct or incorrect to do do. It’s similar to the word “ain’t”.  Some point out that it is not a proper word, and as such it should not be used. Others point out that it’s in dictionaries and other reference sources, so it is a word. The fact that it is a word does not mean it’s appropriate to use, unless in particular contexts.  You defend your incorrect use on two basis: one, you believe it’s a noun when it clearly is not because you are the subject noun in your sentence, and, if it were a noun, there is no verb actor or verb action upon it.  Secondly, you base you use on the grammarly website blurb, I reiterate that it, just like placing “ain’t” in dictionary, merely acknowledges usage, it does not advocate it nor fail to advocate it.

All yours!
    ~

October 10, 2020 11:17 AM MDT

I guess I could if I wanted to, but I don't want to.
      October 9, 2020 6:57 PM MDT

Yes.
      October 9, 2020 8:42 PM MDT

The radio broadcasts I listen to nowadays are probably about 40% car radio, 40% Freesat via my television set (mostly Gold, which is 50s, 60s and 70s hits), 15-20% through a hi-fi system, and up to 5% online. I do not own a "radio", in the sense of a piece of equipment made solely for the purpose of picking up and amplifying radio broadcasts.  This post was edited by Reverend Muhammadovsky at October 29, 2020 11:43 AM MDT
      October 29, 2020 11:43 AM MDT