Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » North Carolina demands that all ABSENTEE BALLOTS bo signed by a "witness". WHY?

North Carolina demands that all ABSENTEE BALLOTS bo signed by a "witness". WHY?

To make more restrictions demands rules so that they can elliminate more more votes. They live eat breathe voter suppression. All of them all the time. May they get what they deserve soon.

Posted - October 15, 2020

Responses

It is called insuring the integrity of the vote.   

I know a lady who died last year...if the state automatically sent her a ballot.  I would not be surprised if her husband would fill it out and send it in.  Having to have a second signature who by signing is legally swearing that SHE filled out and signed that ballot...is risking jail for fraud. 

Again my Grandpa was on the register rolls for at least 5 yrs after his death in the state of IL.  If they sent him a ballot to his old address, who is to stop the new tenant from filling it out and mailing it back in?  A 2nd signature, helps prevent the temptation one may have to something like that. 
      October 15, 2020 7:53 AM MDT

• Georgia has always done this. I'll give 'em credit for protecting the integrity of the vote. They just don't know how to actually carry out an election. I'll make a prediction here and now. After all the other 49 states have finished reporting, the vote will still be out in Georgia. Also, Georgia will go blue this time and the GOP will lose both US Senate seats. We'll have a run-off in January for the seat that Loeffler is warming for the moment. The ballot for that seat has 20 candidates in a "jungle" style contest with Dems, Libertarians, GOP and independents running together.
      October 15, 2020 9:55 AM MDT

In Washington, they are supposed to compare the signature on the envelope to the voter registration card.
    I don't know if they do.

They also provide a spot for a witness signature, if the person voting can't sign the envelope.
      October 15, 2020 11:05 AM MDT

On our ballots on the envelope we sign we date and we put our address on it. The young man behind the window at Hemet City Hall (one of THREE legitimate OFFICIAL drop boxes) looked at the envelope, checked it to make sure it was completed and then said "it's fine" and it disappeared into a box I guess under the counter on his side. The more the evil "they" can block voting the more they will. The more requirements they can saddle on the backs of voters the more they will. They are terrified of us and are doing/ will do whatever it takes to stop us. The way of the world in the dumb cluck duck cabal of quacks. I hope I live to see the day they all go away and stay. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Friday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 16, 2020 2:49 AM MDT
      October 16, 2020 2:47 AM MDT

They were talking on NPR the other day, about some ways states kept people (especially blacks) from voting in the past.
    They mentioned literacy tests - so you couldn't vote if you couldn't read/write.
    Which made me wonder ... if a person can't read, how do they know what/who they are voting for?
    Their vote would be dependent on somebody telling them what the vote was, and relying on that person to be honest.
      October 16, 2020 6:55 AM MDT

They used to have huge jars of jellybeans on display. BEFORE an AFRICAN AMERICAN could vote he/she would have to guess how many jellybeans were in the jar. I don't know if anyone ever got it right. I don't know if anyone knew the answer. I expect the fixers the riggers the cheaters just filled the jar with bags and bags of jellybeans knowing it didn't matter since they had no intention of letting those folks vote.  Now do you subscribe to that? As for literacy tests what kind? Did they ask questions that only scholars could answer? Like in what year did Shakespeare write "A midsummer night's dream?" What were those literacy tests? What were the questions? I doubt that an adult who could register to vote, drive a car, pay taxes, have a job, raise a family would be illiterate. Just another scumbag slimedog ruse to prevent African Americans from voting. Literacy test my a**. I'm just saying Walt it was all bogus bullsh**! It still is. No change. Sadly. Thank you for your reply. We also serve who only watch and wait. This post was edited by RosieG at October 16, 2020 7:14 AM MDT
      October 16, 2020 7:12 AM MDT

I was trying to remember the phrase ... functionally illiterate.
    In other words, they can't read but they can still function in society.

EG: They don't need to know what a stop sign says, because they know the symbol means "stop".
    Or they don't need to read the speed limit, because they just go with the traffic speed.
    (that's also how illegals drive, when they can't get a driver's license)
      October 16, 2020 8:46 AM MDT

Well Walt we both know that how those folks were described by partisans who wanted them NOT to vote would go. Were they truthful? Why would they be telling the truth when we know they don't?. They cannot afford to now or then or ever. The truth is something they all swore to take down. I would not believe them if they swore on a BIBLE. They lie. They have always lied. They will always lie. Trusting their word is ABSURD. So I don't. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 16, 2020 12:11 PM MDT

I assume that it was originally meant to be another layer of security to protect the validity of the vote.  Do they abuse this layer?  Of course they do.  Some of the things states require for voting were good many years (decades) ago, but times have changed and they have not.  

My opinion - all states should have the same rules on what’s required to vote.  Then there’d be less confusion. 

October 15, 2020 3:55 PM MDT

Elections are states rights. Each state is in charge of their own election based on the Constitution.
      October 15, 2020 7:18 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Shuhak.
      October 16, 2020 2:23 AM MDT