Baba
kjames
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Can you relax with God?

Can you relax with God?

Is it even possible with all his pointing fingers?

Posted - October 17

• 5848
    Like totally dude.
    Can You relax with yourself?
    God exists within you as You.
    So the answer is yes.
      October 17, 2020 7:25 AM MDT
    2

• 1619
    Ill admit to you I want to be a hard scrabble minimalist hippy who is out to assist people.

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at October 18, 2020 1:47 PM MDT
      October 17, 2020 7:39 AM MDT
    2

• 6064
    Of course.  God doesn't point fingers (accuse), Satan does.  God simply wants what's best for His kids.  But they don't listen to Him (they think they know better), which causes them all sorts of problems.
      October 17, 2020 9:41 AM MDT
    3

• 1619
    You're scaring me...:)
      October 17, 2020 1:33 PM MDT
    0

• 13597
    Like this?
      October 17, 2020 3:13 PM MDT
    2

• 1619
    Hahaha hahahaha
      October 17, 2020 8:10 PM MDT
    0

• 1214

You can relax in as far as, even though you walk in the valley of the shadow of death, his rod and staff will comfort thee, guiding thee.
    Christ is the light of the world, he came to shine light into the darkness, but some have not recognised him.

Those who do, John 1: 12 Says this....But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. Jesus means Yahweh's salvation.

And this is why you are born again, because like Adam you are born of the flesh, and your flesh nature is the will you do, so you must die to self, and be born again of the spirit of God, like the second Adam, who was of the spirit, and had the fullness of the Father. This is about reconciliation to the Father, through Christ and the Holy Spirit, and you are the temple of God, this is why you are called to be holy, like your Father is holy.  This is why everything you do, and how you conduct yourself is important.

The nature of the earth man is seen in Romans 7:-

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but "sin that dwelleth in me."

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the "body of this death?"

Hence the mind that is subject to the flesh, is hostile to God.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
    For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envying's, murders, drunkenness, revelling's, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

James 4:1 also speaks of this war:- From whence come wars and fighting's among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?”

1 peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;” 

Mark 8 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 

And who can deny this world isn't dedicated to turning you away from the spirit and appealing to your ego, and your flesh desire? Turn on the television, go to the shops, it's all there, tempting you, enticing you, corrupting you, even the churches are doing it.  But who is giving you food for the spirit?

Matt 7 :13 For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

October 17, 2020 8:05 PM MDT
    2

• 9015
    Sure, I think so because we are on even terms; I am atheist because I don't believe the existence of a supernatural creator and God is atheist because he does not believe in me or my arguments to say 'there is no God'. This post was edited by Kittigate at October 18, 2020 7:56 AM MDT
      October 17, 2020 10:37 PM MDT
    0

• 5055
    Sure, I guess. What I cannot relax about is people who harm and/or manipulate others with their ideas/beliefs about God. 

For example, I've been seeing commercials for some televangelist/swindler called "Peter Popoff Miracle Water". The idea of it makes me angry. 

October 18, 2020 1:56 PM MDT
    2

• 37652

Wait, you mean to say that I won’t get all my tildes back, there will never be a department of grammar in the presidential cabinet, sandwiches won’t fall from the sky like manna and the foreclosure on Harem House can’t be stopped?  I want to cancel my order for the miracle water immediately!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

October 19, 2020 4:41 PM MDT
    1

• 5055
    LOL!! 
      October 19, 2020 5:30 PM MDT
    1

• 6457
    Relax with a figment of your imagination? Impossible!!!
      October 19, 2020 5:09 PM MDT
    0