Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What are some of the design flaws in humans?

What are some of the design flaws in humans?

People who chew with their mouths open can't hear themselves chew with their mouths open.

(inspired by this question: https://answermug.com/forums/topic/117765/how-do-you-chew-this-is-a-poll )

Posted - October 17, 2020

Responses

lol, That wouldn't be a problem if you were from this guy's home planet:

October 18, 2020 12:10 PM MDT

Heart burn
      October 17, 2020 3:57 PM MDT

Umm yeah, stomach acid needs to learn to stay in the stomach.  It really doesn't need to go exploring.
      October 18, 2020 12:16 PM MDT

Humans have no design flaws we are designed perfectly. Just by walking humans are deifying gravity so I think that's a sign that we are well designed. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      October 17, 2020 5:52 PM MDT

The hardware might not have design flaws, but the software may need some upgrades or patches.
      October 18, 2020 12:19 PM MDT

15.  The human body is far too top-heavy.  Even though in humans the leg muscles are stronger than the arm muscles, our running abilities far underscore those of other species that are better suited for movement in survival or hunting situations.

14.  Those back teeth.

13.  Our eyes are too low in the cranium for watching out for predators; the forehead and top of the head are exposed to danger.

12.  Our senses have devolved from centuries of "advancements" in machinery and easing of toil until we can no longer see, smell, or hear dangers as well as other species.

11.  We can't swim or even survive underwater for crap.

10.  Our "mating season" lasts 365 days a year.  We need a "non-mating" season to combat our own Darwinism.

9.  I want to go back in time and kill the person who invented speakerphone.

8.  We could use an exoskeleton, and it would have to be commiserate in protecting us from dangers that its thickness or hardness would have to be ten times that of our brittle bones.

7,  Ants can lift twenty times their weight; humans can only grow to twenty times our original weight.

6.  We couldn't stop at just a few "Friday the 13th" movie sequels, no, we had to make 20 of them.

5.  Even though we are the most adaptable species on the planet and can survive in almost any climate or terrain, there are species that can climb mountains more efficiently than we can, cross deserts more efficiently than we can, live in trees, caves, swamps and bogs more efficiently than we can, etc.

4.  Instead of having a particular diet that causes us to focus on particular flora or fauna, humans can eat such a wide variety of them, and can adapt over time to eat even more varieties, that we are complicit in depleting whole ecosystems by our voracious appetites.  Additionally, many humans are some of the most wasteful of species when it comes to consumption.

3.  Our brains are wired to crave non-necessary substances (drugs and alcohol, for instance), and even though they can be destructive to us and to our environment, the urge to consume them outweighs the sensibility of avoiding them.

2.  We haven't yet perfected sandwich-making in ways that can truly satisfy the choosiest of connoisseurs (cough, cough). 

1.  Of all the species, humans take the longest time to raise their young, and even then don't always get it right.

~
      October 17, 2020 9:50 PM MDT

That all seems pretty depressing ...except for the 365 day mating season.

Always a ray of hope.
      October 17, 2020 11:35 PM MDT

October 18, 2020 5:28 AM MDT

Good points.  You've been moved to the Committee on Redesigning Humans, which doesn't have any real power to change things, but it's still a prestigious position.
      October 18, 2020 12:04 PM MDT

Thank you. I’ll begin by conducting extensive studies, in-depth examinations and by feeling my way around the subjects. Er, I meant the subject.  (Cough, cough.)

October 18, 2020 3:40 PM MDT

The inability to regulate our hearing, especially when we want peace and quiet.  Sometimes, I think that deaf persons who wear hearing aids have it best.  Turn it off when you want to chill out.
      October 19, 2020 8:27 AM MDT