Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Poll: For voters who have already cast ballots in the 2020 presidential election, exactly when will tallying take place?

Poll: For voters who have already cast ballots in the 2020 presidential election, exactly when will tallying take place?

1. Some registrar locations have different rules and regulations than others, so there is no single or uniform method for tabulating all the votes received prior to November 3rd.

2. Votes are being tallied as they are received at various registrar locations, and an ongoing count is being maintained at a central clearinghouse.  
2a. Those early tallied results will be announced periodically as time goes by prior to November 3rd.
2b. Those early tallied results will be held confidentially until they are added to the other results beginning on November 3rd.

3. All early ballots will be held until November 3rd and tallying will begin on that day.

4. I do not know.

5. No one knows.

6. Two or more of the above.

7. None of the above/other answer.

~

[EDIT/UPDATE: it was reported on the radio news brief today (of course they waited until after I posted this question, grrrrrrr) that the Office of the San Diego (California) County Registrar of Voters has received approximately 46,000 early ballots, the majority of them by US Postal Service.  They did not reveal in the news brief whether or not the early ballots received have already been opened and tallied, or if that will take place at a later date. I reside in that county.]

Posted - October 18, 2020

Responses

In South Dakota:  3. All early ballots will be held until November 3rd and tallying will begin on that day.
      October 18, 2020 11:29 PM MDT

Thank you. 

~

October 19, 2020 3:51 AM MDT

In theory, '3'.  This isn't a very populous county so it doesn't take too long.
      October 19, 2020 10:21 AM MDT