Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some religions FORBID its adherents from participating in politics. Which specifically?

Some religions FORBID its adherents from participating in politics. Which specifically?

Jehovah's Witnesses
Christadelphians
Amish
Hutterites
Exclusive Brethren

The Ba'hai faith forbids adherents from participating in PARTISAN politics. What other kind is there but partisan?.

Which means NONE OF THEM VOTE. Which mean the rest of us do the heavy lifting for them. Which means what if anything?

Posted - October 23, 2020

Responses

Any Ba'hais here to confirm or correct?

I suspect what they mean is striving for an altruist form of governance that places serving the community as a whole for the community above serving it to meet political theories, parties and leaders. In any case the Islamic view generally is that it's God's law that matters and worldly governments are only administrators - in nations like Iran and Saudi Arabia it is the clerics who hold the real power behind the ministers.

I suppose all the others there can't complain though about any government, if they don't vote. 
      October 25, 2020 4:19 PM MDT

Here's my take on it Durdle. It seems to me any RELIGION worth anything encourages its adherents to "do unto others" and go out and do good. To help not hinder. To do good works. Does the Catholic church make saints of those who did not participate? I don't think so. So that's why I brought it up. Whatever religion orders you to remain aloof and not participate is not my cuppa tea. It's a great excuse for lazy people to float through life rather than swim much less help others to stay afloat and not drown. It's just how I see it. "What you do to the least of mine you do to me". What does that mean? For me it means DO GOOD WORKS. That's how you HONOR GOD. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 26, 2020 2:07 AM MDT