Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why would GOD give us the brains/minds we have and then hope we do not use them? How does that make any sense at all?

Why would GOD give us the brains/minds we have and then hope we do not use them? How does that make any sense at all?

If true that GOD is the provider of all things that would include logical thinking. Right?

Posted - October 23, 2020

Responses

Well, it doesn't make sense, does it?

If you believe God gave us our powerful brains it would indeed be logical and indeed respectful to assume God means us to use them, and to use them well and for good or at least not for bad.

Whether we do, and how we do, is another matter though... One apparently left to our own choice.
      October 25, 2020 4:11 PM MDT

As you know by now I have no problem asking questions about anything which some might perceive as outrageous. I think any question that occurs to me should be voiced. Why do I have the type of brain/mind that is always questioning everything all the time? Am I supposed to ignore what I think and only speak out carefully cautiously timidly fearfully or even worse stifle it? That makes no sense. I know what I feel and what I believe and I'm fine with all of it. I have never said anything that would indicate I am not a believer. I am and have been since I can remember. But HOW I believe is not everyone's cuppa tea. I believe the BIBLE is not GOD'S word. It took decades to write and many people to write it and then they had the Councils of Nicae where Men decided which books to include and which to exclude. Church politics were very strong and you will notice the dearth of women. The ones who disagree with me argue that it is THE WORD OF GOD. I see no logic in that so I am a pariah with regard to that part of being a Christian. I think GOD totally understands where I'm coming from and doesn't have a problem with me. Do I KNOW that for sure? No but it seems logical to me. If something makes sense I say so. If it doesn't I say so. Now to be fair some things that don't make sense to me are fine but my brain just does not comprehend or grasp or understand. I beat that dead horse. Apologies. Thank you for your reply.:)
      October 26, 2020 2:19 AM MDT