Active Now

Shuhak
Thebigd
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Once upon a time in America CHARACTER MATTERED. The dumb cluck duck changed all of that. Once he is gone can we ever get it back?

Once upon a time in America CHARACTER MATTERED. The dumb cluck duck changed all of that. Once he is gone can we ever get it back?

Posted - October 23, 2020

Responses

I hope he will be gone soon and I hope you will get it back. 

Speaking as an outsider, the perception, before Trump came along was that America was like the kids tv shows.. leaders in showing us the way forward, everyone matters, it's wrong to lie, fairness counts..  You can imagine what a shock and disillusionment it's been to see Trump lying like a trooper, which is unthinkable enough for a president of a nation, but that we also see his fans NOT Being shocked and seemingly not understanding or caring that this is an appalling demonstration of low standards, low morals. 
      October 23, 2020 2:27 PM MDT

That assessment is spot on Addb. Imagine what it is like living here if you can. The horror is great enough as an observer. Being affected by it 24/7? An abomination the likes of which I could never have imagined for my country. That millions of people adore support defend worship this piece of human trash is shocking to me. It means they are all like him or wish they were. Try that on for size and see what you can do with it. It's beyond me. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine. Are you and yours doing well? I hope so. STAY SAFE! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 27, 2020 3:11 PM MDT
      October 24, 2020 2:20 AM MDT

I doubt it.
    Character has been on a steady decline in politics.
    Trump was merely a logical step in that progression, as I've pointed out before.
      October 23, 2020 2:29 PM MDT

So when does the pendulum swing back? Had any pendulum ever got stuck in one position? How far will evil ugly vile corrupt go before it reaches its end? SIGH. I know Walt. How high is up? Thank you for your reply. What happens today and tomorrow and the other tomorrows? Any idea? :)
      October 24, 2020 2:16 AM MDT

A pendulum stuck in one position is a plumb.  LOL

October 26, 2020 8:45 AM MDT

PURRFECT Walt!  I KNOW what a plumb is. I just didn't connect it to a pendulum. Leave it up to you to SPELL IT OUT! Does plumb ever become pendulum? Does it work both ways? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      October 26, 2020 9:04 AM MDT