Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The dumb cluck duck will live in infamy...just like PEARL HARBOR. His chokehold rigged installation produced MORE CROOKS CORRUPTION! PROUD?

The dumb cluck duck will live in infamy...just like PEARL HARBOR. His chokehold rigged installation produced MORE CROOKS CORRUPTION! PROUD?

A bazillion of his "best" people are corrupt crooks criminals sleazy shyster  scumbum cons scammers. Just like him. A distinction that no one will EVER eclipse. He be dat ting. Congrats to his supporters. You sure know your stuff!

Posted - October 23, 2020

Responses

If we go by Presidential history ... it will either be forgotten in a couple generations, or no longer seen as "extreme".
    Grant's Presidency was plagued by corruption - but we don't even hear about that in history class.
    Nixon?  Clinton?  Either of their misdeeds seem trivial, by today's standards.

EDIT:  Which is kinda depressing, if you think about it.

This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at October 24, 2020 6:36 PM MDT
      October 23, 2020 1:21 PM MDT

Everyone is forgotten eventually.  Even graves and cemeteries disappear in time., no matter how ornate.  We carry the memories of our loved ones, but once we go, those memories are gone.  Of the untold trillions of people that have walked this earth, only a handful make it into history books - and even they are just words.   
      October 23, 2020 4:43 PM MDT

Ive heard that homo saps tend to forget the bad and remember the good. Do you think that's true Walt? We know that duck always dwells on bad which is everything apparently. Just emailed my sister about how lucky we were to have great memories of our childhood. Today's kids are being royally screwed. Many are suffering. For us old folks (my sis is seven years younger but still old) who are retired and have the luxury of just staying at home it isn't so bad. Our families are grown and doing well so far. We only have to take care of ourselves and our mates. Imagine that? Being old and retired during such a time in our history being a BLESSING? You stick around long enough and experience stuff you never thought was possible makes us realize how good we had it. SIGH. I'm an optimist normally. I always wake up happy. Normally. I wonder if we will ever get back to a normal that is recognizable? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      October 24, 2020 1:57 AM MDT

his presidency will have been forgotten in 25-30 years; relegated to a blurb (or perhaps just a portrait) in some history book.   However, it's probably safe to say that his likeness will never be on any money.
      October 23, 2020 4:36 PM MDT

Maybe he will get on the Russian One Kopek coin - one Kopeck is one hundredth of a Russian Ruble so it would be like he is only worth a Russian penny. Cheers!
      October 23, 2020 5:12 PM MDT

:):):)
      October 24, 2020 2:02 AM MDT

I won't be here then of course. I wonder what kind of prez picture will be hanging on a wall next to all the others? Thumbs up? He cannot speak without his hands. It is very disconcerting. Biden sat and spoke and you never saw his hands. The dumb cluck duck was all hands all the time. Wonder who told him that looked good? So you think during your lifetime the duck will be forgotten? I sure hope so. I cannot imagine it but I sure hope so! We don't forget the Holocaust. We don't forget Pearl Harbor. We don't forget dropping bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. We don't forget Hitler. The dumb cluck duck won't be easily forgotten but anything is possible. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      October 24, 2020 2:02 AM MDT

They will use his official presidential portrait... the one they made when he got into office.

I guess his hands can't shut up either.  (However, many people talk with their hands.  Some do it so much that you have to dodge them when you talk with them.

During my lifetime the ones (few?) who lived through his reign will become fewer and fewer.  A new generation will arise who won't know him (much like most people below 40 don't know who Roy Orbison was).  The scars he made will fade as successive leaders gouge out new wounds.  Even memory of the current virus will fade; much like the one in 1919 has.  It happened, but less and less people will remember it, until all who did are gone or very old.

You remember things like Pearl Harbor as you lived through that time.  Those born after that time only heard stories.  Today, there are scarce few people left who fought in that war.  The stories are only what people are forced to read in a history class. Even 9/11 is starting to fade in memory.  Each Generation Has their own tragedies to remember.  To them (those who lived through that time), that is their Pearl Harbor, their 9/11. To the ones who were there on 9/11, that was their Hiroshima and Nagasaki as to them it was just as tragic.  
      October 24, 2020 9:50 AM MDT

Thank you for your very thoughtful analysis Shuhak. You just synopsized life. Reading about it is easier than living through it. I remember hearing FDR address the nation. I was 4. I was "helping" my mom sort the laundry on the kitchen floor. The "utility" room with washing machine was adjacent to it. The radio was on.It is such a clear memory. Of course I didn't really understand but my mom was tearing up so I knew that whatever it was upset her. December 7 1941. I was there in a kitchen in El Sereno, California. SIGH. What's to come is unknown. Probably worser for awhile and then maybe hopefully better. Where there's life there's hope. Right?
      October 25, 2020 2:19 AM MDT