Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever attend a neighborhood POT LUCK BLOCK PARTY? Or was that onc upon a time BEFORE YOUR TIME?

Ever attend a neighborhood POT LUCK BLOCK PARTY? Or was that onc upon a time BEFORE YOUR TIME?

What replaced it was/is country wide ego hate virus rallies. Protest marches. Death and dying. Millions apparently get off on it enjoy it relish it worship it. No accounting for taste. Is there?

Posted - October 29, 2020

Responses

Well before my time.  We had Tupperware parties instead.   But at least you could return defective Tupperware.  And the only sound it made was a soft "pssh" when you 'burped' it's lid.  
      October 29, 2020 12:05 PM MDT

Is Tupperware still around? Those were the days. Did your mom ever participate in a potluck block party? We did in Duarte very long ago. It was a cul de sak and we did it on New Yeqr's Eve so we could all walk home and not worry about having to drive. It was super fun. Those were the days. When potluck and block parties were appreciated valued  and enjoyed. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      October 29, 2020 2:21 PM MDT

Yes, Tupperware is still around.  It's online though.

I don't know if she did or not.  I'm going to say not, as her mom was a major introvert and my grandpa would never do anything that might upset her.  
      October 29, 2020 2:33 PM MDT

So no more Tupperware Parties? Sad. I went to a few and never came home empty-handed. Those were the days. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      October 30, 2020 2:51 AM MDT