Discussion » Questions » Arts » How do I make a Spinning Toy Train Top out of cardboard or card stock that can actually work?

How do I make a Spinning Toy Train Top out of cardboard or card stock that can actually work?

Here’s the photo and video of how I want to make the Spinning Toy Train Top to look exactly like this that made all out of just card stock, and can it really spin with card stock train going around just like that-can it really work like that even if I made it only with card stocks? :

Posted - November 15, 2020

Responses

And just about all the supply stuff I will use to make this whole train top carousel with are:

May use a drawing compass
    Perhaps scotch (&double sided tape) is needed too if the glue won’t hold in the clear sheet.

November 15, 2020 9:35 AM MST

I love craft projects .. but I suspect this would be really difficult and may be impossible.. The reason being that cardboard wouldn't really be strong enough to take all the friction between the moving parts.. 
      November 15, 2020 1:56 PM MST

And will It be very hard to make the whole train top thing that for it to do these train top movements all out of cardstock?

And can you give just any kind of instructions-(in steps), to try make just this train top project maybe just about the best ‘you can/to do’?
    Or okay if this may still just not going to work- This post was edited by DannyPetti at November 15, 2020 6:49 PM MST
      November 15, 2020 6:48 PM MST

Or maybe to just build that’s just close to a working train top in cardstocks, if can’t make the one which will work exactly as that? This post was edited by DannyPetti at November 16, 2020 5:54 AM MST
      November 15, 2020 7:49 PM MST