Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you intimidate others? If so due to what? Do others intimidate you? Either due to the power they have over you or being richer/smarter?

Do you intimidate others? If so due to what? Do others intimidate you? Either due to the power they have over you or being richer/smarter?

If you are easily intimidated did it begin in childhood? Bullies on the school playground? Your siblings? Your parents?

When are our personalities firmed up? At what age are you the you that you will continue to be until you die?

Posted - November 20, 2020

Responses

I have been described by many as intimidating.  Probably because I don't suffer fools gladly, speak my mind not always in the most diplomatic manner and have no patience for those who have no opinion on anything.  

Conversely, few people in my youth who have intimidated me and even fewer in my adult life.  
      November 20, 2020 8:48 AM MST

Really? I'm not intimated in the least by you. I appreciate your strengths and have learned a lot from you. I wonder why others find that intimidating? You're not arrogant or condescending or patronizing or supercilious. If you were I wouldn't hang around you. Maybe I'm not intimidatable but just glad to get the info? I don't know. Folks are wired weird. Not me of course! Never me! I shall ask. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      November 22, 2020 5:18 AM MST

Thank you. :)  Some people have difficulty dealing with strong personalities.
      November 22, 2020 7:51 AM MST

Firebrand on Answerbag years ago told me "YOU HAVE A VERY BIG PERSONALITY". I never knew what she meant by that but I took it as a compliment because she was a very kind person. I'm pretty sure I'm no wimp. I used to be decades but I outgrew it. I figger what do I have to lose being me? If folks are attracted to me fine. If not fine. I just don't want to disappoint anyone or pretend to be someone I'm not. Ya know? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      November 22, 2020 11:16 AM MST

I feel the same way. :)
      November 22, 2020 1:38 PM MST

That does not surprise me at all my firned. Not one bit! Thank you for your reply L! :) ((hugs))
      November 23, 2020 4:10 AM MST