Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » My2Cents, I have other list of questions to this site, may You fix by answering them?

My2Cents, I have other list of questions to this site, may You fix by answering them?

Posted - November 21, 2020

Responses

List your questions.

I can't guarantee any fixes, but I wouldn't mind having a crack at thinking about possible solutions.
      November 22, 2020 1:13 PM MST

I will get to you tomorrow, I’m doing their other drawings, these drawings may have to be done tonight!
      November 22, 2020 5:31 PM MST

Okay on answerMug, some are minor, and some unimportant ones:
      November 23, 2020 4:38 PM MST

Any questions you have, doesn't matter how minor, I'll answer if I can. :)
      November 24, 2020 9:56 AM MST

Okay & just on answerMug, I think the thread page # should have a bright color-on active page, instead of (murky) light, med gray shade color. And any neater way to put each grouping replies typed on answerMug-that of which person talking to which other person in a long thread?
      November 24, 2020 10:08 AM MST

I think that's a great idea! :)
    Colour coding would make it much easier fo follow the threads of who's saying what.
    Although it would rely on only a few participants.

There are too many members to assign a colour to each person -
    so the colours would have to signify the author of the post or question and 1st, 2nd, (etc.,) respondent.
      November 24, 2020 11:53 AM MST

But I don’t have any of much idea how would the typing replies would look in number of replies from different person in one whole thread, if it is of a much neater set-up of different replies in a whole thread, if I try picture that whole thing in my head.
      November 24, 2020 1:17 PM MST

And then will get the author to come & change that in the answerMug later/or next day after it?
      November 24, 2020 5:08 PM MST

I can not change anything on the site. But I am willing to try and help with any questions.
    Inky is also a long time member who may certainly be able to help with any questions as well.
      November 23, 2020 4:58 PM MST

Yes, You both can help together just on this ansuerMug site.
      November 23, 2020 5:52 PM MST

Okay I will type to you the three of’em now:
    Problem #

1. On iPhone typing a reply on this site, the cursor went off/over the next typing row-means the cursor not in the correct row on typing sometimes.

2. Selected Emojis from iPhone‘s small touchscreen keyboard not able to get typed or input into the reply box of this site.

3. I now not getting much replies from my response here-sometimes not getting (any) good answers here.

November 24, 2020 6:54 AM MST

Ok. 
    1. Sometimes when useing mobile, we accidently touch our screen it will move the cursor.
    2. Emoji from phone keyboard dp not work here. But there are build emojis in the site. Pushing the Smiley face next to the Upload button. The Smiley face will give you a few choices to use.
    3. Maybe try different types questions to see if you get more replies. We have a lot of different type users and each have different interests.  This post was edited by my2cents at November 24, 2020 7:26 AM MST
      November 24, 2020 7:19 AM MST

2. The Emoji just went in once for me, then when I put in another one, then it probably not doing it no more-maybe

& okay I may just use those instead! This post was edited by DannyPetti at November 25, 2020 12:06 PM MST
      November 24, 2020 9:49 AM MST

3. Is it that there’s just no one anywhere near that thread that will type any more/other replies to me?
    In that thread I was getting some replies, than I hardly getting more replies after it.
      November 24, 2020 10:02 AM MST

Yes that is the way it normally works.  A question is active for a bit then people move on to another question. 
      November 24, 2020 3:14 PM MST

Yes-I do understand
      November 24, 2020 5:05 PM MST

4. On this site, I haven’t seen any member who really do any good drawings here. And seems that there’s no one yet, here, who would say (he/she) know how to draw good pictures.
    Any suggestion what (another) discussion should I post on this site-as drawing/art category?
    Or just name me some other pictures that You would like, then I will try drawing them ’on computer’ for you, and I will copy pictures ‘from Google Image’ that I need with the computer drawing of pictures that You would like from it.
      November 25, 2020 10:01 AM MST

1. I've only just begun to use a mobile phone for the first time. I find the touch typing function is acutely sensitive. If the cursor jumps a row, it's because I've accidentally touched the wrong spot. Just touch the spot where you want the cursor and it will return there. It might take several tries to get it exactly right.

2. For a limited range of emojis, touch on the Smiley Face button in the middle bar above the window for replies.

3. It's unfortunately always a bit hit and miss with whether or not one gets replies.
    Try targeting the questions for specific users.
    Politics, religion, sexual innuendo and money usually get responses - although some people sometimes get sick of the same-old.
    I love questions about lots of topics, but I most enjoy philosophical, psychological or literary questions, or anything that's a bit of a challenge to think about.
      November 24, 2020 10:08 AM MST

3. Do I target(to a particular member), by just post another thread(Start another discussion)-select the other subject they’re interested in?
    But don’t know if choose the subject they’re interested in, might be the subject that I may not be interested in; or I may just tell You what activity I will like to start on this site, then You may just tell me what exactly to type in & where to type it in on this site?
      November 24, 2020 5:05 PM MST

3. And after they no longer responding from that answerMug thread, & if I type more(& more) replies to that same thread, then would they eventually (come back) and continue to type in reply or replies(to same thread)?
    I would think of (they) will get longer list of notification if I did that, as (they) open up answerMug, look at notification with list of response from it.
      November 25, 2020 9:46 AM MST

If you post a reply to an users answer/reply, the user will receive a notification about the question perhaps bringing them back to the question.  

But when a question gets a lot of posts it gets hard to find the new post.  So it may not bring more answers.   This is partly why some users move on to new questions. 
      November 25, 2020 12:05 PM MST

Did you know one of your questions is the most responded to question here?   293 and counting. You da man. This post was edited by Element 99 at November 24, 2020 8:10 PM MST
      November 24, 2020 7:25 PM MST

I don’t know if it would be from the 2 members that responded the most, or include the respondents from the other threads that goes with or related to this thread(?)
      November 25, 2020 10:04 AM MST

It counts all posts on just the one question. 

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/108912/livvie-i-have-other-choices-for-you-to-select-from-would-you-l

In fact of the Top 10 questions responses you have 3 of the 10. 

https://answermug.com/forums/category/3
      November 25, 2020 12:00 PM MST