Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The duck golfs while Americans go hungry get ill and some die. Is that the american equivalent of Nero violining while Rome burned?

The duck golfs while Americans go hungry get ill and some die. Is that the american equivalent of Nero violining while Rome burned?

I don't know if that Nero story was true or apocryphal. I do know the american duck story is true. We are living it.

Posted - November 22, 2020

Responses

How many other people in America go golfing while Americans go hungry, get ill, and some die? What are you doing while Americans go hungry, get ill, and some die? What am I doing while Americans go hungry, get ill, and some die? What are any of the citizens of the United States doing while their fellow citizens go hungry, get ill, and die?

The United States is burning while many Americans are playing the violin. We are all involved in what's happening here and it's high time we put our fiddles back in the case, pull up our bootstraps, and, instead of vilifying, attacking, condemning, and placing the blame on everyone else, do our part to heal this country. If we don't, we may all get a wake-up call that none of us want.
      November 22, 2020 8:12 AM MST

Ya but all those other Americans  that are out golfing don't have the power to change things  like Trump  does and all those other Americans didn't take a oath to protect Americans like Trump did. Cheers!
      November 22, 2020 9:13 AM MST

I guess the news has not reported on the SUCCESS of President Trump's Operation Warp Speed.  This is why we have 2 vaccines and other new effective treatments. This post was edited by my2cents at November 22, 2020 12:05 PM MST
      November 22, 2020 9:49 AM MST

That company that came up with the first vaccine didn't receive a penny from the US goveremt so it had nothing to do with Trump.  The reason drug companies raced to find a vaccine was because they knew they would make a fortune selling it. Cheers!
      November 22, 2020 10:25 AM MST

:):):)
      November 22, 2020 11:03 AM MST

The program is more than just money. It is the sharing of information and preordering of vaccines. And both companies are participating. Along with many others. 
      November 22, 2020 12:04 PM MST

WARP not ward.
      November 22, 2020 11:04 AM MST

Pfizer did not take a penny from Warp Speed because they didn't want their work to be politicized.  More power to them.
      November 23, 2020 8:21 AM MST

Again....the program is not only about money. And I guarentee they used the information and other parts.  
    They have accepted preorders for the vaccine. (This is part) The applied for the EUA and will/have recieved it.  Also part of the program.  

If not for Operation Warp Speed we would not be looking at people recieving vaccines this year.   We should give credit where credit is do.  If CNN can do it, surely anyone can. 
      November 23, 2020 8:59 AM MST

Applying to the FDA for EUA has nothing to do with Warp Speed and accepting pre-orders for the vaccine has nothing to do with the program and you know it.  Every drug maker would have to go through that process Warp Speed or not.
      November 23, 2020 9:12 AM MST

:):):)
      November 22, 2020 11:03 AM MST

Here's what I do to help my fellow man:  
    Donate to St. Jude Children's Hospital, Feeding America, Americares, Meals on Wheels, Feed the Children, St. Labre Indian School, Salvation Army, VFW, DAV, Amvets, Operation Gratitude.  

I've crocheted hundreds of neck scarves for deployed troops and veterans in hospitals.  I've crocheted baby blankets for the wives of deployed soldiers who have given birth while their husbands are deployed.  I've sent thousands of dollars worth of care packages to deployed troops over the past ten years.  

I'm not the leader of this country, although at this point, I couldn't possibly have been any worse than Trump.  I'm willing to bet that I've personally done more for my fellow citizens than Trump has, or will ever, do. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at November 23, 2020 8:22 AM MST
      November 23, 2020 8:20 AM MST