Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Does the second coming of Jesus apply to Christians only? Jews created Jehovah, don't follow Jesus teachings. Just a Christian fantasy?

Does the second coming of Jesus apply to Christians only? Jews created Jehovah, don't follow Jesus teachings. Just a Christian fantasy?

Posted - November 22, 2020

Responses

As long as an atheist Jew is considered "legally" a Jew then a Jew can follow Messiahic Judaism and be a Jew.  This post was edited by my2cents at November 22, 2020 1:45 PM MST
      November 22, 2020 1:35 PM MST

OK. I was just outlining how rabbis rule on the issue. People are free to think and believe as they choose.
      November 22, 2020 1:38 PM MST

Jews (only the ones who put a literal interpretation on the Torah) believe that the Messiah is yet to come. They believe that Jesus of Nazareth did not meet the criteria for the Messiah as specified by the prophets.

Muslims also believe the Messiah is yet to come. For them, Jesus and Mohammed were only prophets, not the sons of God/Allah and not saviours.
      November 22, 2020 12:30 PM MST

Thank you, I am referring to the Messiah's second coming, not his first.
    I know all about Jesus who wants to return and Muhammed who bargained with Allah about how many times to pray per day.

November 22, 2020 12:46 PM MST

I though Jehovah created Jews.
      November 22, 2020 6:02 PM MST

If Jehovah created Jews, then Jews are a third party creation of Catholics.
    It was a Catholic monk, who formulated the name Jehovah" in the thirteenth century. Before then, the name never existed in any documentation.
      November 22, 2020 6:16 PM MST

The Jews knew God's name centuries before Catholics existed. 

YHWH

November 23, 2020 6:59 AM MST

You mean- Jews gave God a name centuries before Catholics existed.
    It was actually thousands of years.
      November 23, 2020 7:01 PM MST

No I mean God informed them of His name...long before Catholics existed. 
      November 23, 2020 8:19 PM MST

How did God inform them and what is his name?
      November 25, 2020 5:01 PM MST

How do you know God is a he or has any gender? And יהוה is Hebrew for Jehovah and appears in the Torah long before Christianity, which began as a sect of Judaism anyway. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at November 25, 2020 6:18 PM MST
      November 25, 2020 5:23 PM MST

Cultural exegesis - in the ancient Hebrew culture, leaders were always male and the father was the head of the family. This persisted into NT times, which is why Yeshua always referred to God as "Father". Patriarchy - the Catholic Church still does it.
      November 25, 2020 5:31 PM MST

Nothing like perpetuating gender bias.
      November 25, 2020 6:20 PM MST

Which is one reason why I'm certain that the Holy Spirit is feminine - Jesus' elder sister. Proverbs - Wisdom is ALWAYS portrayed as female (even to the pronoun), and in Chapter 8, Wisdom tells the reader who She is.
    Jesus is always described as God's only begotten SON, which doesn't preclude a daughter or even a myriad of daughters.
      November 25, 2020 7:26 PM MST

My rabbi and her female partner named their daughter Noah for one of the five daughters of Zelophehad in Numbers who argued to inherit his property.
      November 25, 2020 8:27 PM MST

The creator is neither he nor she. The creator has no gender. The creator has no name. Hebrews, who invented a "one god", gave it a name and never heard from its name except from each other, which was never meant to be pronounced in any language. 

יהוה is Hebrew for Jehovah, Yahweh, Elohim, Jah, Yah, Allah. People can call the creator whatever they want The creator is not in a human form or any other form with hearing organs to hear what we call it.
      November 26, 2020 8:00 AM MST

If you read my posts, you would see that I already said that.
      November 26, 2020 8:22 AM MST

The second coming of Christ pertains to those who believe in Jesus Christ and his resurrection.  Other faiths such as Islam believe that Christ is the messiah, but not the son of God, and do not believe in the resurrection.

Gnosticism believes that Lucifer was the saviour, and that Jehovah was a Demiurge, (sometimes Christ is associated with lucifer, other times not) and that the real source is unknowable, which is dominant in the Lucis Trust and the Christ consciousness New Age movement, which is referred to as the Nicolaitans in the book of Revelations.

Many Jews now follow the Kabbalah, which is also linked to the above Gnostic believe, and mysticism. Some Cabbalist Christians believe that the Tiphereth is associated with Christ, where some believe Christ is Binah (understanding), and Sophia (wisdom) is chokmah.  The goal of Christianity is unification with God, which is why you are called to be holy as your father is holy, so you become one with Christ, and then Christ is unified with the father, all by the Holy Spirit.  
    Fascinating Image of the Occult Anatomy of Man

This post was edited by kjames at November 24, 2020 10:27 AM MST
      November 24, 2020 10:03 AM MST

What does the World Trade Center have to do with all of that?
      November 25, 2020 8:29 PM MST

The Jews didn't "create" Jehovah, there is no letter "J" in the Hebrew alphabet. YHWH is the Latin transliteration, either "He is" or "He causes to become" - third person rendition of "I AM", the name God introduced Himself with to Moses from the burning bush.
    "Jehovah" is thus an incorrect attempt at "Yahweh", a name the Orthodox Jewish people never pronounce due to it's holiness - it's read as "adonai" (Lord) and this is precisely why English translations of the Old Testament invariably translate YHWH as "the LORD".
    As for the Second Coming, those who practise the Jewish faith (Messianic Jews excepted) don't recognize the FIRST one, so how can there possibly be a second one?
      November 25, 2020 5:19 PM MST