Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What does "MERCY" mean to you. My Answermug friend and I see it differently. What do you "see" when you think of mercy?

What does "MERCY" mean to you. My Answermug friend and I see it differently. What do you "see" when you think of mercy?

Posted - November 29, 2020

Responses

Mercy is when you do not get the punishment you deserve.  

Whether it is God, a parent, a boss, an officer, a judge, teacher etc.  If you did wrong and someone decided not to give you the full punishment you deserved, you received mercy. 
      November 29, 2020 12:04 PM MST

I ascribe "MERCIFUL" as being something only GOD is. I do not think homo saps are capable of it. I do think they can be kind forgiving understanding. I question why? What's in it for them? I think it is because they believe if they extend that to others then others will extend that to them. Purely selfish motives. Altruism used to exist once upon a time. No longer in my opinion. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Monday to thee and thine.
      November 30, 2020 4:28 AM MST

Jesus Himself instructed us to "Be Merciful." He would never instruct us to do something for which we are incapable. 
    (Luke 6:36)
      November 30, 2020 5:49 AM MST

Would you say mercy is "undeserved kindness"?
      November 30, 2020 11:17 AM MST

That is a good way to put it.
      November 30, 2020 11:34 AM MST