Discussion » Questions » Education » When you were in school, who was the student who was always in trouble, and what did he or she do?

When you were in school, who was the student who was always in trouble, and what did he or she do?

My reply to someone else made me think of this question.  I remember Juan.  I went to initial school, elementary school and high school with him.  In initial school, there was a board with shapes cut out of it.  Juan always tried to pound the wrong shapes into the holes.  In elementary school, the teachers always made him leave the classroom to sit in the hall.  In chemistry class in high school, he had to use the shower in the classroom, and the fire department came to dispose of his experiment.  One afternoon during high school, there was an alert for a tornado.  All of the students had to wait in the centre rooms for the storm to end.  We noticed Juan wasn't there.  He was outside.  He was on the sports field because he wanted to have the best video of the storm.

Posted - December 1, 2020

• 7142
    No one really stands out that I can recall. I do remember that there was one kid in grade 6 that made our teacher cry at least once a week... I don’t think he was so much of a problem as she was mentally unstable. 
      December 1, 2020 9:06 AM MST
    4

• 50707

[I thought you agreed with the judge at divorce court that you wouldn’t tell negative stories about me. Grrrrrrrr.]

December 1, 2020 9:26 AM MST
    4

• 685
    I never made a teacher cry, I made my community service teacher lose her temper.  She didn't like me.  Her last name lent itself to jokes.  She was nasty to me earlier in the day, so I told a joke about her last name.  That's why I failed community service. This post was edited by sirena Martina at December 17, 2020 8:05 PM MST
      December 2, 2020 1:11 PM MST
    4

• 7142
    Lol :) your teacher sounds mentally unstable too if lost it over a joke about her name. 
      December 2, 2020 4:58 PM MST
    3

• 685
    Srta. Gallego, the community service teacher, was always filled with rage.  The year I failed community service was also the last year she was a teacher at my school.  I had to redo community service in the next school year to meet the graduation requirement.  The teacher who replaced her was Sr. Parker.  He was nice.  Everyone loved him.  He gave everyone a 1 (1 is the same as your A+), and he had community service projects that were interesting or fun.  Srta. Gallego only made us pick up trash.
      December 3, 2020 8:02 PM MST
    3

• 7142
    I never had a community service class, yeah picking up trash doesn’t sound any fun lol. Glad you got a better teacher eventually :) 
      December 4, 2020 5:55 AM MST
    3

• 50707

You’ve never had class? Why didn’t you warn me about that before I married you the first time? Grrrrrrr. 

~

December 17, 2020 10:57 PM MST
    1

• 7142

Even YOU can‘t ruin my mood today. So stop trying. 

December 18, 2020 8:58 AM MST
    1

• 50707

Not one particular student, but several of them. 

In kindergarten, it was George. Whenever we were in the playground sandbox, he always caved in the tunnels that any of us were digging. He was my first experience with bullies and bullying, and being 5 years old, I never understood why he was like that, nor did I know what to do. 

In first grade, it was Eddie. He couldn’t sit down for more than one or two minutes at a time, never stopped talking, and didn’t follow any classroom rules.

Elvin always walked up behind two or three students talking in a group, would push one into another and then run. Elvin became a tow truck driver after high school, worked repossessing cars, emblazoned himself with tattoos decades before the current fad that they are now.

In second grade, Mark couldn’t read and tried to threaten others to do his schoolwork and homework. He was huge, and a lot of others were afraid of him, so they did it. When he got around to me, I was just as afraid of him as anyone else, but I was more afraid of breaking the rules. “Randy, you’re smart, you know all this stuff, do my homework,” he said to me. Not out of bravery or toughness, neither of which I had great quantities, I merely blurted out, “I can’t do your homework, that would be cheating!” Surprisingly, he didn’t pommel me, didn’t say a word, just walked away. In disbelief, I exhaled and almost melted to the floor as I released my heart from my throat. For the next five years we were in school together, he never bothered me once. When he turned 18, he got married, but word had it that by age 21 or 22, he was often in bars and nightclubs talking to other women, and his sad lament was always, “My wife doesn’t understand me,”

In fifth grade, I can’t remember his name, but there was a boy who put his hand up Felicia’s skirt. The principal called his father, who was furious, came to the school and had the staff lock his son alone with him in the gym. Loud screams and shouting ensued, that’s all I know.

In junior high school, Gary got arrested when dozens of stolen items were found in his locker. Half of them belonged to other students, half were from local stores. 

Instead of water, Emily secretly carried gin or vodka in her Thermos, and would get tanked up at school about once a week.

There was an entire family that had a string of bad students, all siblings, the Lloyds. I can’t remember specific incidents except that Roger was caught with a pack of cigarettes when he was in first or second grade.  He and his brothers and one sister were always getting suspended or expelled for various and constant infractions. None of them ever graduated; all of the boys ended up in jail and/or prison by the time they reached 18, their sister got pregnant at about 15 or 16 and dropped out of school.

~

December 1, 2020 9:33 AM MST
    4

• 685
    I went to school with a thief who was like Gary.  In Year 2 of primary school, he was caught stealing from other students' bags.  In Year 1 of high school, he was caught stealing from local stores.  In Year 5 of high school, the police came to school to arrest him because the night before that, he broke into a house and stole two guns, jewelry and electronics.  He never returned to school after that.
      December 2, 2020 12:46 PM MST
    3

• 50707

Do you remember his first name?

~

December 2, 2020 1:31 PM MST
    1

• 685
    His name was Julio.  He always sat at the back of the classroom.  Also, he rarely talked with others.

This post was edited by sirena Martina at December 4, 2020 11:37 AM MST
      December 2, 2020 1:39 PM MST
    3

• 42819
    Often it was me. I was extremely bored in school. I would do silly stuff that would annoy the teachers. One of my teachers in elementary school told me that I didn't stop screwing around, she would throw her pincushion at me. I told her she wouldn't dare. Whap...perfect throw on my forehead. By the time I entered high school, I learned how to do things without getting caught.
      December 1, 2020 11:48 AM MST
    4

• 685
    I give you Asker's Pick for being that student.
      December 2, 2020 1:13 PM MST
    4

• 42819
    Gracias.
      December 4, 2020 11:38 AM MST
    2

• 6099
    That would have been me. Not paying attention, getting high in class, cutting classes to hang out.  They barely tolerated me as an adolescent. 
      December 17, 2020 8:02 PM MST
    4

• 42819
    My kinda girl.
      December 18, 2020 7:42 PM MST
    2