Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you can describe yourself in ten words exactly will you please share with us whom you are? Need 11 words?

If you can describe yourself in ten words exactly will you please share with us whom you are? Need 11 words?

Me

Yearn to learn
Curious about everything
Logical
Value truth
Grateful

I need an 11th.

Impatient

Posted - December 18, 2020

Responses

Relatively intelligent
    Doesn't suffer fools
    Impatient 
    Loves family
    Logical
    Generous

December 18, 2020 7:31 AM MST

((hugs)) I disagree with your first item sweetie. You are not "relatively" intelligent! You are massively smart/intelligent. Other than that spot on! Thank you for your reply L and Happy Saturday to thee and thine. How are things going for your family in Pennsylvania? I don't think any state is getting off scot-free! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 19, 2020 9:13 AM MST
      December 19, 2020 2:57 AM MST

You're making me blush!  Thank you.  I spoke with my sister in PA a couple of days ago and she said that the virus is exploding down there.  I'm pretty sure we're seeing the Thanksgiving surge and before we get it under control, it will be Christmas.  I see that California is just about at it's limit if not there already.  I can't imagine what it must be like to be a hospital worker - in any capacity.  It seems that no matter what they do, they can't contain the spread of the virus.  Considering that it's everywhere, they can't even call upon other states for help.  Happy Saturday. :)
      December 19, 2020 9:17 AM MST

You're blushing? Yikes. Is that a comfy thing or uncomfy? You KNOW by now I will always react with what I think. Anyhoo I tell it like it is sweetie. Which you KNOW! Exploding in Pennsylvania too? Oh dear. Not good. Yep. A couple of days ago Riverside County (where Hemet is) ICU beds were at 100% capacity. Los Angeles reached there too I think. The worst is yet to come so hold on, hang on and fingers crossed "we will overcome". SIGH. Thank you for your reply L! I predict next Christmas will be way lots loads better than this one. Or we will all be dead due to the Russian CYBER attack thanks to bozo trump. Either way you know I value our friendship. Better not wait till the end to say so. Sheesh. What a revoltin' development this is. All due to a bozo clown. Who'da think it? Thank you for your reply L. This post was edited by RosieG at December 20, 2020 1:19 AM MST
      December 19, 2020 10:53 AM MST

Again, thanks for the compliment.  :)  I value your friendship as well.  I knew PA was inching up, but I didn't realize it was that bad.  My brother-in-law is 72, so he's got to be careful.  He's retired now, so he doesn't have to go to work.  He's perfectly happy lying on the couch with the two pups all day watching TV. :)  My sister can work from home, so she's OK and she's only 60.  I think if Americans can stop being selfish and adhere to wearing masks, social distancing and small family gatherings, we should have a better holiday season next year.  Add to that, we will have at least two, and possibly more, vaccines by then.  The news reported last night that there's a third vaccine approaching requesting approval from the FDA but I can't recall the company.  I'm currently inclined to the Moderna mostly because it doesn't require such strict temperature conditions.  Less likelihood for there to be a problem in the delivery chain.
      December 19, 2020 12:42 PM MST

The Pfizer vaccine is causing dangerous reactions in a few. Life-threatening in fact. My son has an anaphylactic reaction to walnuts..walnut oil. He carries an Epi pen with him at all times. He would not be a good candidate for the Pfizer version which seems to be a DIVA in terms of how it must be handled. Fingers crossed no one dies from the vaccine due to a deadly reaction. I'm with you L. I'd prefer taking the less demanding version. I expect Kaiser will determine which would be best. I sure can't. Thank you for your reply. This cyber thing really has me worried. Scared even. Not a normal thing for me. Usually my attitude is "bring it on". Whatever needs to be faced I face. But this is way beyond. Especially with the typical standard bozo reaction. So what hit comes next? From what source? Putin denies but what else is new? :(
      December 20, 2020 1:25 AM MST

I'm not sure if we will have a choice in which vaccine we get, but we certainly should be able to ask which is being given and refuse it if it isn't the one we want.  Of course, that does come with it's own downside.  Yes, I heard that there were some very serious anaphylactic reactions.  The fact is, virtually every drug and/or vaccine has a percentage of people who will react badly, or even die, from it.  The FDA has to decide whether the good it will do far exceeds the risks.  I suppose that's cold comfort for the families of those who have bad outcomes.  

I understand your concern about the hacking.  It's a concern of mine as well and the lack of response from our administration is a serious dereliction in leadership.  But, when did we ever think that Trump was a leader? 
      December 20, 2020 3:18 PM MST

Good point. But I did have a teeny tiny itsy bitsy microscopic bit of hope that he would be adequate. I did. But then his appointees were all stupid dumb, ignorant, ill-equipped to lead anything. His consistent defense of perps and attacks on the victims. His consistent attacks on the American people, it's intelligence agencies and its methodology. The cozying up to the despot dictators of the world as he kissed a** for them and demolished denigrated derided decimated the American government? The LIES LIES LIES LIES. Boy was I wrong but at least I didn't think he'd be great or even good. I did not know he would be a treasonous viper, a traitor, a saboteur. Also I never thought the entire republican establishment would go along with it. Former republicans got disgusted and pulled away. Those who remain? A pox on them. Forevermore. I do not forgive. Thank you for your reply L! :) Guess your storm is over?
      December 21, 2020 3:43 AM MST

I agree with you.  Our storm is over but there's another one brewing for later today and again on Christmas Eve.  Glad i don't have to go anywhere. :)
      December 21, 2020 6:31 AM MST

Well you did go out and get what you needed for a few weeks so you are going to be warm and cozy and just fine. Is your place so oriented that you can look to snow-covered things? Buildings or trees? I remember when I lived in Massachusetts looking out our apartment window (we live don the second) across the way to some woods. Very big and long icicles had formed and I looked through them to the woods and it was breathtaking! The snow covered them. The next year they removed the trees and built homes. The view thereafter was not so great. But I still remember that day! Funny how memory works isn't it? Over 50 years ago and etched on my mind's eye!  Thank you for your reply. I asked Jim what he wanted for Christmas Dinner and he is always so sweet. 'Whatever you feel like fixing is fine". He is a keeper! Thank you for your replyL! :)
      December 21, 2020 6:37 AM MST

I do have enough in the house to hold me for a week or two, so I'm OK there.  

My apartment is on the third floor and I overlook trees and bushes in front of the building.  We have a lot of trees in the neighborhood and when it snows, it's really pretty, that is, until the snow plow comes along and makes it mushy and it gets dirty and ugly.  Unfortunately, we do need to have the plow come through as I live on a busy street that connects two major highways.  
      December 21, 2020 6:48 AM MST

Dependable, humorous, introvert, with a wacky imagination, who detests stupidity.

December 18, 2020 11:58 AM MST

He shoots! He SCORES! Yep. I totally agree but you could have used an 11th word m'dear. But you are too modest so I will do it for you! "Brilliant". There. Take that! You are you know! Thank you for always being up for playing too. It looks good on you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 19, 2020 9:38 AM MST
      December 19, 2020 3:15 AM MST

Would it surprise you to know that I did have an 11th word?   However, I decided to omit it to fit the 10-word criteria.  It was the word, "A" at the beginning of the sentence.  I took your question one step further and made it into a logical sentence instead of just a list.
      December 19, 2020 10:21 AM MST

Oh? So you took it upon yourself to monkey around with my question then? I see. Ever just wing it for the hallibut? Just wondering. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! Are all ICU beds filled up north?
      December 19, 2020 10:44 AM MST

That's what I do.  

Wing it?  Impossible.  My mind won't let me.  I do good to even write down a fraction of the things my mind comes up with just as I'm reading an open question (let alone what else comes once I start to write).  Thinking outside the circle?
      December 19, 2020 11:53 AM MST

See? Right there you talk about "thinking outside the circle" not the box. A box is square. Square pegs do not fit easily in round holes. Round pegs have it easier because there is more room in square holes. Are you a round peg or a square? I know the answer to that Shuhak. You are a square peg and for that reason you will never fit in easily or even sort of in a round hole. All the holes are round to acccommodate the round pegs. They can fit in anywhere. SIGH. I am telling you what you already know. How many square pegs are there? How many round holes? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 19, 2020 12:38 PM MST
      December 19, 2020 12:05 PM MST

Optimist
    Fair
    Patient
    Forgiving
    Thrifty
    Procrastinator
    Traditional
    Quiet
    Artistic
    Loves family

December 18, 2020 12:13 PM MST

This is PRECISELY why we have been friends for so long. No one but the two of us know that sweetie. We take our shots and stand our ground vis a vis politics. We will NEVER agree on that. But guess what? We are much more than our politics and we have a history no one knows about but the two of us. I wish pols could do that. Fight like he** for what they believe in but then set it aside. Sigh. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Saturday to thee and thine. Everyone still doing OK? STAY SAFE m'dear! :)
      December 19, 2020 3:18 AM MST

Yes. I think people likely think our being friends is strange. But as you said we are able to put politics aside. :)
    We are doing fine. My Mom did get the virus (nursing home), thank God she was able to make it through. (She has multiple health issues).  We did lose an Uncle, he was 70 and had refused to go to the Doc at first. I think early treatment really matters.  A few distant relatives have gotten it and recovered. (All younger and healthier) We just follow the flu season rules.  You stay safe as well.
      December 19, 2020 8:39 AM MST

Oh no honey! Not your mom! Oh my goodness and you never said anything! Your mom should be getting the vaccine very soon. Aren't nursing homes next in line right after the medical folks? Condolences on your uncle. I think you are right...the earlier the diagnosis the better. As you know I'm 83 and Jim is 85 so we are really frisky riskers. And we live in California where right now all ICU beds are filled. So we are being extra super cautious! Since the very first advice we have masked (I face shield now) and gloved and social distanced and sheltered at home a lot. It's easier for me since the place I love to be most is at home. It's been harder on Jim. He normally plays tennis one day a week and golf one day a week and a few times a week he walks down to the golf course on the premises (9 holes only) and practices. He also used to like to go out and about doing "guy stuff". You know Lowe's and Home Depot and Harbor Freight. Just to meander around. Now he only goes if he needs something essential. Remember a few months ago I told you "It's a good thing we like each other"? I think some folks are having a very rough time being together so much. Spousal abuse has gone up so I really thank my lucky stars Jim and I started out as friends. I'm not sure how the distribution of the vaccine will go but I'm pretty sure our family doctor will keep on top of it. We have Kaiser and they watch over us like HAWKS. Fingers crossed we will all be here next year this time having a "normal" family holiday! Take care my friend. It is allegedly going to get harder and darker for a few months. SIGH. "If it isn't one thing it's another". Remember Gilda Radner? She got cancer and then thought she had beaten it and came back again and eventually killed her. She and Gene Wilder got married and I think were blissfully happy till the cancer took her away. Anyway. I leave you with her words since they seem comforting to me in a strange way. Stoic acceptance of life. Neither celebratory nor mournful. It is what it is! :) Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! STAY SAFE! :)
      December 19, 2020 8:58 AM MST

Thank you. I did not mention it here.  I asked jer if she had been told when they will get the vaccine in the nursing home ...she did not know. But said she did not think she needed it because she already got it so is immune.  Which makes sense to me. But I know there was different info out there in the past. 

My MIL does like you and Jim, she stays home generally and sends her home helper to stores etc most of the time. (She is in her 70s)  We basically do what we normally do...we just wear the mask and keep the germX handy. (Social distancing is normal life for me unless with family) 
    Glad you still safe. :)
      December 20, 2020 6:01 AM MST

Fingers crossed we will be talking about this next year in the rear-view mirror and it will stay there. Thank you for your reply. Do you know if your MIL always liked being at home best as I do even as a child? It has always been my favorite place. Of course I've enjoyed trips to visit loved ones but there has never been a time I wasn't anxious to go home. Maybe I was a homing pigeon in another life? I don't know. All my "stuff" is there. Everything is familiar and cozy and comforting. When you go out into the world anything/anyone can be coming straight at you figuratively and sometimes literally. Doesn't happen at home. Here's to a much healthier 2021 m2c for you and yours and everyone! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 20, 2020 6:30 AM MST
      December 20, 2020 6:28 AM MST

I don't know. I know she moved around a lot. 
    My youngest son is like that...he just prefers to be home. He always put on his Christmas list 1 week at home.   He would get close but not always quite a week as my family lives in IL and we always would go stay with them for a few days for Christmas time. (Not this year though...my step Mom is worried about the virus) We will still get to see our kids and grand kids though. 
    So yes, heres to looking forward to a normal holiday schedule next year. 
      December 20, 2020 6:40 AM MST