Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Education » StuSpellingBee, saw you correct my typings, how about correcting my whole word process typings?

StuSpellingBee, saw you correct my typings, how about correcting my whole word process typings?

In word processor typing, first, I saw there was the spelling-‘red wavy line’ & grammar checkers-‘green wavy line‘, then as I will type other things to you-will use (reality check) typing-then the error wavy line would be purple - example: ’The rock is floating on water’, then the purple wavy line would be around rock floating or/and water, because the rock won’t float on water, which is much different from grammar.
Then you can type me a story & tell what errors to find from it.
Option: Which errors, and how many word errors to find.
Then will try it with 10 different kinds of word checking errors, which are 10 different colors of wavy lines.
Ready-can get started now with these-

Posted - December 20, 2020

Responses

I would just like to mention how much I enjoyed reading your post, on at least two levels.
    My other thought is, who is this anonymous self-appointed arbiter of all aspects of spelling and syntax. It is not entirely cut and dried anyway, there is sometimes room for preference, there are changing fashions and some experience a greater urge to individualism.  
    I too would rather do without it. The facility frequently trips itself up anyway with spurious complaints, as does the final document checker of course. I guess it's a matter of accepting the auto check as a fact of life, as a guide whose suggestions could be fleetingly considered before disregarding. But the coloured under-linings are there whether wanted or not so the best some of us can hope for is an early degeneration into blessed colour-blindness.
    We are being herded into desirable, and manageable categories and ways of thinking - by government, by syntax and spell checkers, by all aspects of the media, perhaps even by evolution.

This post was edited by rattbagge at December 22, 2020 7:41 AM MST
      December 21, 2020 2:02 AM MST

I meant the other person who came around in answerMug & was correcting our typings here-that who was ‘StuSpellingBee’-(The Grammar Police)

I just will be making-up the other word correcting system, you/I type a story or something-correctly, or with some errors to find from it, let’s try it-
      December 21, 2020 6:50 AM MST

Lol :) 
      December 22, 2020 7:41 AM MST

Be waiting for Stu Spelling Bee to get here-then I would work with Stu over the whole word processing stuff here with him as he will check over my other grammar typing!
      December 22, 2020 7:55 AM MST

Just keep answering your own post here with a bunch of spelling and grammar errors and he‘ll show up. 
      December 22, 2020 10:33 AM MST

Okay I will put this at the bottom post(to get his attention in here)
    :
      December 22, 2020 4:31 PM MST

I will start with some spelling & grammar errors, then few other ones with (reality errors) along with the spelling and grammar errors-‘which are 3 different word/typing checkers’, then I will put several more typing errors that which to use 12 different word/typing checkers on it next.
      December 22, 2020 4:36 PM MST

Should I now put his Avatar name right by my Spelling and Grammar typing there as well?
      December 23, 2020 9:41 AM MST

Yes, I think you should give that a try. 
      December 23, 2020 9:56 AM MST

If Stu Spelling Bee don’t come soon, would you like to try correcting the sentence that I typed from 1 to 10 -with the spelling & grammar marks to those?
      December 23, 2020 12:28 PM MST

No thank you. 
      December 23, 2020 5:16 PM MST

Probably most of these might be really easy to do-for Stu come & do here-as I made many of those other errors on purpose.
    (Then I will wait for Stu on this!)
      December 24, 2020 7:11 AM MST

Do you think he will show-up here real soon after I post the next 10 other error typings here?
      December 24, 2020 2:01 PM MST

Stu Spelling Bee “The Grammar Police” -

On the sentence errors I type here, use red color for wrong spelling, & green color for wrong grammar-now here it goes on this typing for you to correct:

1. ‘I wil like to go out into the stores to buy my stuff there.’
    2. ‘Where is my thing I just put it ther my that long ago?’
    3. ‘You took my command away! You have to get it back to me.’
    4. ‘How do you yo want your meat to be cooked.’
    5. ‘Where is your your envelope?’
    6. ‘Where can I find my coat?I can’t find it anywhere’
    7. ‘This reward goes to Johnny. And Johnny will go to the ceremony.’
    8. ‘Mark run to the house. Kevin get stuck by the tree. & dog get hit by a car.’
    9. ‘This for You.’
    10. ‘get out!’

Then next typeing sentence stuff to edit is with (Reality check) added to it-

This post was edited by DannyPetti at December 23, 2020 12:24 PM MST
      December 22, 2020 4:42 PM MST