Active Now

Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Has anyone else outgrown this site?

Has anyone else outgrown this site?

I think maybe I have. I joined AnswerBag back in 2013. I was 21. I've been with this site and its successor ever since. But I'm just not seeing much reason to come here anymore. Rarely do I see anything I want to respond to. And when I do there are so few people on there's little opportunity for quality interaction. I don't think this place is going to get more interesting or more active, given the state of old-school "forum/Q&A" sites. A number of users I used to enjoy interacting with have all but disappeared and there are so few left. We all know each other's opinions and there isn't much opportunity for interesting discussion or learning anymore. Seems stuck in a rut. I'm not blaming any specific users, but there doesn't seem to be much of anything here for me anymore.

Posted - December 20, 2020

Responses

Meh, most likely I’ll be around until they kick me out or I die or the website dies, whichever comes first.
    ~

December 20, 2020 9:42 PM MST

I like most of the folks on here, but I miss some who left or had their accounts suspended. I agree that there aren't enough people, which is why I spend a similar amount of time on Similar Worlds.
      December 20, 2020 9:43 PM MST

Every community changes its composition, and trends in different directions, over time. If you leave perhaps you will still drop in from time to time. Personally I enjoy reading posts where I understand exactly what the poster is conveying, whatever the message. But even so, as Shakespeare himself said, if I remember correctly, 'many of my best plays were written by monkeys' - or it could have been Stanley Unwin. Of course, if he did say it, he said it in Shakespearian English, and with a definite Warwickshire twang, so I may have misheard. Or maybe I've just watched too many episodes of 'Upstart Crow'.     This post was edited by rattbagge at December 21, 2020 8:04 AM MST
      December 21, 2020 12:53 AM MST

Internal chortling at this one. I love it! :)
      December 21, 2020 1:23 AM MST

Isn't that dangerous?
      December 21, 2020 6:09 AM MST

(It’s legal in many parts of Australia. She’s fine.)

~

December 21, 2020 8:07 AM MST

What kinds of questions would you like to see?

What kinds of discussions do you most enjoy?

What sorts of friends would you like to meet?
      December 21, 2020 1:25 AM MST