Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What foods will be on your table in this Xmas of Covid

What foods will be on your table in this Xmas of Covid

We are doing Lobster tails Christmas Eve - screw this fasting noise.  If you are of German or Scandinavian descent Xmas eve was alwya a fasting day.  Lutefisk anyone, thought not

Xmas day - Prime Rib, Brussels sprouts and chestnuts in creme, Sweet Potatoes Mashed with Chedder Cheese Popovers

Boxing Day - Leftovers and Bloodys.  Jaimie if you can make it across the pond we went through 7 liters - Just saying

Do note we are not going to Mass this or any gatherings.  The Resident Labradors are getting anxious due to social distancing - do not blame them

Posted - December 21, 2020

Responses

Rib eye steak, roasted garlic potatoes, grilled asparagus, cucumber salad, homemade yeast rolls.   And of course, key lime pie and peach cobbler for dessert.

December 22, 2020 3:39 AM MST

Main lobster and stuffed clams are on the menu here in New England . This post was edited by Echooos at December 28, 2020 7:14 AM MST
      December 22, 2020 5:14 AM MST

How many litres are left though? 

Christmas day will be traditional Turkey dinner, meh. I’d rather have lobster and 7 litres of wine :) 

December 22, 2020 7:37 AM MST

That sure seems like a whole lot of wine, gee, I wonder who posted this? 

Oh. 

December 28, 2020 6:00 AM MST

December 28, 2020 4:24 PM MST

We still have 3 cases to make it through to the New Year plus one case of Sekt (Austrian Champagne)
      December 28, 2020 7:14 AM MST

I think you’ll make it then :) 
      December 28, 2020 4:25 PM MST

Ah, Archerchef, if only your table could be MY table. 
      December 22, 2020 9:23 AM MST

For Christmas we will be having:

Ham
    Baked Beans
    Mashed Potatoes
    Doubled Eggs
    Sweet Potatoes
    Rolls

Cherry Pie
    Apple Pie

December 22, 2020 10:37 AM MST

Oooh, cherry pie. And if I could only get a huge dollop of fresh clotted cream on that I would be in heaven on Earth. Oh right, I'd need a solid down to Earth excuse first. OK, well what if I say I need to gather in an extra layer of fat to see me through the harsh northern winter? 
      December 22, 2020 12:21 PM MST

No excuse necessary eat what you want. :)
      December 22, 2020 12:35 PM MST

What are doubled eggs?
      December 22, 2020 6:17 PM MST

Deviled Eggs.  We have always called them doubled eggs. I forget that it is not the normal name. Lol
      December 22, 2020 6:57 PM MST

• My brother and I will go to our cousins' house for Christmas Eve.  For Christmas Eve dinner, we'll have barbecue, finger sandwiches, potato salad, seafood salad, a tray of sliced sausage and cheese with olives, humita (I don't know what that is in in English, it's made with corn, cheese, peppers, tomatoes and onions), stuffed tomatoes, empenadas, cake and other desserts.

On Christmas Day, we'll have leftovers.  We'll spend the day in his pool.  The temperature forecast for the town where my cousins live is 35˚C on Christmas Day.  It will be a good day to enjoy his pool.
      December 22, 2020 12:52 PM MST

Sirena, Tormenta and Torquamada - they have similar connotations don't they? You tease us with your Christmas Eve menu, then you torture us with the aery notion of relaxing almost naked by your cousin's swimming pool in the warmth of the sun. I shall hold that dream of unattainable decadent delight as I tramp around in the snow out there on Christmas day, hoping not to get blinded by the blizzard and fall through the ice of the pond, with the dog - weighed down by snow boots, thick winter coat with snow-hood, two layers of underwear, fleece-lined gloves . . . and my covid mask - wouldn't want to catch anything nasty out there - that really would be the last straw . . . 
    I am happy for you.  
      December 22, 2020 1:39 PM MST

• My username means Storm Mermaid, but Torquemada is an appriopriate name for someone who talks about swimming in the pool on a hot day to someone in a winter climate.

Since I'm a metalhead, I love Torquemada.  Your reply made me think of that song.

December 27, 2020 8:28 PM MST

We don't celebrate Christmas, so we will probably have a frozen pizza.
      December 22, 2020 2:34 PM MST

Sorry but I my husband and I can't buy in to all that "Covid" stuff.  But it has been enough to keep most of the "friends" we have usually entertained since 2011 away from our home. So this year just my husband, the girls plus a husband and grandson and boyfriend and Gerry's mother probably.  They will get brown rice with lobster stir-fry with carrots, pea pods, scallions, and  bok choy, and a squash pie (buttercup). Plus whatever they deign to bring themselves. Perhaps a clear soup.
      December 22, 2020 7:23 PM MST

No one wants to hear what vegetarians eat on Christmas or any other day. 
      December 22, 2020 7:57 PM MST

Savvy there are Vegetarian options, to wit

Start with Black Beans and quinoa Spice them with Ancho Chiles, form them in Dessert Rings - top with Salsa and chees
    Mushroom Pate on Pita Cjps
    Now if you eat eggs your options open wider

Vegetarian is not boring unless one makes it so
      December 28, 2020 7:21 AM MST

Oh, yes. So many options and so not boring! Thank you.

I was just making a vegetarian joke. 
      December 28, 2020 5:12 PM MST

December 28, 2020 11:39 PM MST