Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I expect cruelty exists among all groups of people. Which group took cruel to its greatest heights in your opinion?

I expect cruelty exists among all groups of people. Which group took cruel to its greatest heights in your opinion?

Posted - December 23, 2020

Responses

Hmmm ... I would say it would be one of the civilizations that practiced human sacrifice.

It's estimated the Aztecs sacrificed 20,000 people/year.
    Though in 1487 up to 80,400 people were sacrificed to dedicate a new temple to Huitzilopochtli.
    Since their empire is estimated to have lasted 176 years - at 20k/year - that would be 3.52 million people sacrificed.
    Not counting all the mutilations, demanded by their gods.

December 23, 2020 7:52 AM MST

So to that extent homo saps are more "civilized" now than they were then. Direct cruelty. In Amerca we have 330 000 dead from the virus. How many of them were SACRIFICED through neglect Walt? How many of them needn't have died? Any way to calculate that? Neglect kills millions. Indifference disdain contempt. Maybe the death isn't as gory or gruesome or painful. But dead is dead. I'll ask. Thank you for your reply.
      December 23, 2020 8:20 AM MST

I dunno if there's a way to calculate how many died from neglect vs their own decision vs lack of qualified healthcare workers.
    IE: We hear about it sweeping through nursing homes - but how many of us have training to actually help, who don't already have healthcare jobs that are taking our available time?

I have a friend who used to work at a nursing home ... and they had 1 nurse + 1 CNA for the night shift, with 50-60 residents.

I find it telling that the news does not talk about the lack of healthcare workers during this pandemic, because it's become accepted (prior to the pandemic) that we don't have enough. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at December 23, 2020 10:53 AM MST
      December 23, 2020 10:16 AM MST

Well California is currently the poster child for most awfullest and it is going to get much worse. Hope your state is in better shape! Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      December 23, 2020 10:54 AM MST