Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » This is a huge ginormous humongous WHAT IF? WHAT IF folks in politics never played any games? What would life be like?

This is a huge ginormous humongous WHAT IF? WHAT IF folks in politics never played any games? What would life be like?

Posted - December 31, 2020

Responses

Bigger if.. what if they all played fair?

What if they didn't play out of turn?
    What if they didn't dump the board when they lost?
    What if they gave someone else a turn instead of trying to play forever?
    What if they stopped turning every game into monopoly?
    What if they actually cared that the games they play have real life consequences to real life people?

What if?  What if.
      December 31, 2020 11:03 AM MST

Government by the people for the people. Most of us just aren't those "people". 

December 31, 2020 11:11 AM MST

Okay. Who are you? You went off on your own riff without ever once answering my question. The Shuhak I know doesn't do that. Are you a plant? A robot? Sigh. One-upping is what Republicans do. Friends do not do that to friends. So who are you? This post was edited by RosieG at December 31, 2020 11:35 AM MST
      December 31, 2020 11:21 AM MST

The thought of one-upping anyone never even entered my mind.  Apologies if I made you feel that way.
      December 31, 2020 11:40 AM MST

Look at my question again. Look at your reply. Thank you for your response. You one-upped from the first sentence and then did variations on a theme. C'mon Shuhak. Seriously?
      December 31, 2020 12:40 PM MST

After rereading it, I see that you're right.  I am guilty as charged.  Again, I apologize.  Please know that it truly was never, ever my intention.
      December 31, 2020 2:21 PM MST

Now it's my turn to apologize m'dear. Yesterday was an especially not so hot day for me. Which is NO EXCUSE to take it out on you. So I'm sorry. I had to apologize to Jim yesterday too. SIGH. The RosieG apology tour. I bit his head off for such an insignificant tiny reason. Moving along Happy New Year! I just heard fireworks  going off somewhere. What do fireworks signify anyway? I shall have to ask. They are very noisy and disruptive. Exploding bombs but no one dies. I looked out and saw nothing but heard KA BOOM  KA BOOM KA BOOM. Unsettling. To a better 2021 for all of us. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy First Day of 2021! :)
      January 1, 2021 1:14 AM MST

Why, then we wouldn't need politicians.  
    Or lawyers - who are merely incubating politicians.

December 31, 2020 2:33 PM MST

Now that  is such an insightful profound thing to say Walt. Incubating politicians. Hatcheries? Wow! I never thought of it that way but you're right! Without lawyers saving their sorry a**es how would pols survive? A pox on all of them...well maybe not ALL of them but most of them. The mob without the consiglieri? A world without lawyers. How much better a world would there be or would it be worse? Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy First Day of 2021! :)
      January 1, 2021 1:18 AM MST

See, I was thinking more along the lines of lawyers are to politicians as eggs are to chickens.  LOL
      January 4, 2021 1:25 PM MST

Hahahahahahahahaha! Okay m'dear. Chickens lay eggs and hatch them and they become chickens who lay eggs and hatch them and so on. Politicians hatch lawyers? They lay politicians and hatch them? If there were no politicians would we need lawyers? Funny hunny. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      January 5, 2021 2:51 AM MST