Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » How will you be spending your New Year's Eve?

How will you be spending your New Year's Eve?

I hope you have exactly the kind of evening you enjoy best.

Posted - December 31, 2020

Responses

Asleep. Maybe drooling, maybe not.

You?

~

December 31, 2020 12:09 PM MST

Correction/Update:
    I didn’t realize when I posted my answer that there’s an all-day, all-night marathon of the original “Twilight Zone” TV series, so I was wide awake at the midnight hour, so my wife and I smooched our way out of 2020 and into 2021.
    ~
      January 1, 2021 1:15 AM MST

I watch that every year! I was also watching much of yesterday. "Death's Head Revisited," "The Midnight Sun," and "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up" are my favorites. An added bonus is that Rod Serling lived in Ithaca, NY, and there are lots of subtle and not-so-subtle references to the Ithaca and Cayuga Lake region in the series, such as the painting of "a waterfall near Ithaca, NY" in. "The Midnight Sun."
      January 2, 2021 8:06 AM MST

At home, by myself.  I'm not even sure what I'm wearing to the living room for New Year's Ever.  I may not even go.
      December 31, 2020 12:27 PM MST

i currently live in a special building, a collection of rooms for people with mental illness, and the price is really cheap and food is included. 

I think i might rework again in the future, so i might be able to get out of that place, but its cheap and food is included in the rent. 

Because of the virus, we cant visit other people in my province, so i am not able to visit my mom 'legally'..... 

so ill be alone in my room for new year eve

December 31, 2020 1:26 PM MST

Thanks for being so open and honest about your current situation.
    I remember back years when you used to talk about living in a hole dug in the ground in the wilderness.
    Later you were living with your parents and struggling with desire for a girlfriend and how to get into some sort of paid work.
    I'm glad that you at least safe now, cozy indoors, with cheap room and board.
    I hope at least some of the others living there are agreeable company.
    Being alone can be wonderfully peaceful.
    I hope the new year brings you work, success and the opportunities to build a good life.
      January 1, 2021 12:31 AM MST

Thanks for being so open and honest about your current situation.
    I remember back years when you used to talk about living in a hole dug in the ground in the wilderness.
    Later you were living with your parents and struggling with desire for a girlfriend and how to get into some sort of paid work.
    I'm glad that you're at least safe now - cozy indoors - with cheap room and board.
    I hope at least some of the others living there are agreeable company.
    Being alone can be wonderfully peaceful.
    I hope the new year brings you work, success and the opportunities to build a good life. This post was edited by inky at January 1, 2021 1:16 AM MST
      January 1, 2021 12:31 AM MST

Watching TV until about 2100, then off to bed.
      December 31, 2020 2:16 PM MST

I chose an early night too. Slept really well - bliss.
    Managed lots of weed work with Parramatta grass before the skies let loose with heavy rain. A good start, I hope, to a productive year.

Nice to think of you cozy asleep in your cocoon.

Hope you have a wonderful new year, especially after that op.
    You'll be a liberated bionic man. :)
      January 1, 2021 12:34 AM MST

depends if my stupid pelvis stops feeling like it’s going to shatter 
    if it does i will prob get back to painting and my husband and I will watch the ball drop. we may have a friend Come over and he will likely bring pizza and booze 

if it doesn’t i will prob lay in bed for the rest of the night and fall asleep early 
      December 31, 2020 2:19 PM MST

Stupid pelvis? It that a cyclical thing, or something serious?

Painting? Is that a creative work on paper or canvas, or redecorating the nest?

The "ball drop" - is that sport?

That friend maybe coming over for a meal sounds great. 

All sounds very flexible, relaxed and easy. :)

Happy New Year! :)
      December 31, 2020 11:40 PM MST

She's pregnant, I think? That would account for the pelvic floor pain, and E99's admonition not to drink.

The ball drop is an American thing, it's a big glittery affair that falls down a flagpole in Times Square at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Day.
      January 2, 2021 2:52 AM MST

Don't you be drinking, young lady.
      January 1, 2021 12:05 PM MST

Asleep in bed.  If it gets cold enough I may have a cat with me (lately he's been "purr-fering" to sleep by the heater).

December 31, 2020 2:28 PM MST

Nice way to stay cozy, avoid the madness, the drunks, and covid.

Maybe many people will be having a much quieter New Year than usual.

Happy New Year, Shuhak.:)
      December 31, 2020 11:42 PM MST

I hope you enjoy your New year's evening also, as for myself I'll be asleep long before we ring in the new year. :)
      December 31, 2020 3:01 PM MST

So many of us are doing it quietly this year.
    It was lovely for me - peaceful - well away from madding crowds - and a wonderful sleep.
    I wish you all the best for 2021.
      January 1, 2021 12:38 AM MST

:)
      January 2, 2021 7:43 AM MST

Were going to order a pizza. Thought I would add my New Years tradition - on New Years Eve I put a plate with some bread and money on it out side then bring it back in the house on New Year day,. It represents bringing food and money into the home in the new year. Cheers and Happy New Year!
      December 31, 2020 4:48 PM MST

Thanks.
    That's a great idea! :) 
    I'll remember it and do the same next year.
    At our place, the money will still be there in the morning, but some little critter will eat the food for sure, possum or goanna most likely. The birds and bats are in our mango trees all day and all night at present - harvesting everything just before it reaches full ripe.
    I quite like the wildlife getting treats.
    Our dinner tonight will be a simple one, potatoe and leek soup with sour cream, and some toasted wholemeal one the side.
    Love to you, Nanoose. Hope you have a great 2021.
      January 1, 2021 12:44 AM MST

Playing pool with family. 
      December 31, 2020 4:49 PM MST

I was babysitting. My son asked my wife and I to look after the grandkids. No biggie, they're grand kids.
      December 31, 2020 5:20 PM MST

I don't think so - I'm on answerMug.  But really that is not so bad!
      December 31, 2020 8:25 PM MST

• A quiet evening at home with my parents. :)

Earlier today I had a few drinks with my best friend. Normally I'd be going to a party or at least a get-together, but nothing going on this year for obvious reasons. 
      December 31, 2020 10:44 PM MST