Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Pence told Trump that he will uphold the law and doesn't have the power to overturn the election result. What's Trump's next move?

Pence told Trump that he will uphold the law and doesn't have the power to overturn the election result. What's Trump's next move?

Posted - January 5, 2021

Responses

Trump will think up a way to get back at Pence and destroy any further political chances he may have.
      January 5, 2021 7:36 PM MST

No great loss to the country. 
      January 5, 2021 10:52 PM MST

For sure.  Trump brought him from obscurity in Indiana and he can go right back there.  They're welcome to him.
      January 6, 2021 6:25 AM MST

Suicide? Or a massive infarction, given his shocking diet and indolent lifestyle? Or possibly execution, given that it seems he is actually guilty of treason?
      January 6, 2021 12:38 AM MST

He's too much the coward to commit suicide and I doubt that it will be an infarction since he's had that diet for decades.  Execution would be my vote - by firing squad which is how he wants death sentences to be carried out now.  No blindfold - I want him to see those bullets coming right at him.
      January 6, 2021 6:27 AM MST

I think Trump will fight to the last.

I suspect he has tried to use Putin's tactics for undermining the beginnings of democracy in Russia.

But the USA is a different country and culture with far more checks and balances built in to the constitution.

I hope the Democrats win enough seats in the Senate to have the balance of power.
      January 6, 2021 12:52 AM MST

I hope so too, but I think it's unlikely. The Democrats need BOTH seats in the Georgia run-off. They'll win one.
      January 6, 2021 1:02 AM MST

But with 99% of the vote in, they're on track to win both.
      January 6, 2021 5:21 AM MST

According to Axios:
    • Democrat Raphael Warnock was declared victor over Sen. Kelly Loeffler in one of the twin Georgia runoffs at 2 a.m., and will become the Southern state's first Black senator.
    • Democrat Jon Ossoff is on track to beat Sen. David Perdue in the other runoff, with most of the outstanding votes in Democratic strongholds.
    I vow to buy more peaches if these two turn the Senate to a Democrat majority.
      January 6, 2021 6:29 AM MST

According to Axios:
    • Democrat Raphael Warnock was declared victor over Sen. Kelly Loeffler in one of the twin Georgia runoffs at 2 a.m., and will become the Southern state's first Black senator.
    • Democrat Jon Ossoff is on track to beat Sen. David Perdue in the other runoff, with most of the outstanding votes in Democratic strongholds.
    I vow to buy more peaches if these two turn the Senate to a Democrat majority.
      January 6, 2021 6:29 AM MST

According to all major outlets, including CNN and Fox News.
      January 6, 2021 8:42 AM MST

Just heard the news here in Australia.
    I'm absolutely rejoicing.
    We're almost an unofficial colony of the USA. Who's in power over there makes a huge difference to our trade, our relationship with China, and the choices our government makes on the international scene.
    There's lots of talk about us making our own independent choices, but ever since we signed the ANZUS treaty that has never really been the case.

Congratulations to America.
    The recovery after Trump and Covid is going to be a long, tough road, but I know you'll achieve it. :)
      January 6, 2021 1:16 PM MST

Unfortunately, that good news was eclipsed by the rioters storming the Capitol!  This is not MY America.  I am appalled and horrified by what is happening and Trump stands by egging them on no doubt.
      January 6, 2021 1:54 PM MST