Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Press Enterprise newspaper headline January 6, 2021..."HEALTH WORKERS SNUBBING VACCINES". If they don't want them who.will?

Press Enterprise newspaper headline January 6, 2021..."HEALTH WORKERS SNUBBING VACCINES". If they don't want them who.will?

To keep themselves safe and by extension their families. They don't want to do that?
"About half of Riverside County (where we live) hospital workers refuse inoculation; other counties also report reluctance."

Is that true in your state/city/county too? Oh dear. I don't think anyone counted on that happening. NOW WHAT?

Posted - January 6, 2021

Responses

I don't blame them. Most are likely young people not likely to die and more would be asyptomatic.  If the healthcare workers do not want it then go to the next in line. Which should be those on nursing homes, older Americans then younger who have health issues.  (Again all voluntary)  
      January 6, 2021 6:23 AM MST

Our hospital has about 650 employees.
    We received 500 vaccines last week.
    As of yesterday, over 450 employees had opted to receive the first vaccination.  (there are 2 in the series)
      January 6, 2021 6:50 AM MST

Congrats on that Walt! Big congrats. What do you think is really going on? Why don't the front-line workers OF ALL PEOPLE everywhere want to protect themselves which will also protect their families? I mean if say 5% refuses or even 10% those would be the never vax. Some folks just will not be vaccinated! But that high percentage is really scary. So say we have plenty of vaccines to around and only half of them are used. We throw the rest away because they have a certain shelf life? Boy who would have thought this problme would arise? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      January 6, 2021 7:13 AM MST

If anyone throws them away they should be thrown in jail.  Move on to nursing home residences and then the elderly then those with health issues.
      January 6, 2021 7:29 AM MST

I believe if they aren't normal anti-vaxxers ... it's another sign of the problem we are discussing, with the "dumbing down" of our public education system, and politicians encouraging distrust and bigotry.

People are being told by certain segments of the media and government, that they can't trust the scientists and other segments of the government.  They are not given any actual evidence why not to trust those groups - but because they are hearing it from a source they trust, it doesn't matter.  "I trust {X} and {X} said so, so it must be true."
      January 6, 2021 8:46 AM MST

But MEDICAL workers Walt? FIRST LINE responders? This is very hard for me to grasp. It just is. They see the people dying every day. They see the cases multiplying every day. They of all people refuse? It's inconceivable to me. Maybe I just don't have enough imagination. Do they think they are not at risk? Is that it? Anyway thanks for trying to explain it. Any other segment of the population I can understand but medical workers who live it first hand every single day and hold the hands of the dying so they won't be alone? Weird. :(
      January 6, 2021 9:04 AM MST

The ones I personally know, who refuse the vaccine, believe that it hasn't been subjected to the same scrutiny as normal vaccines - and thus can't be trusted.

In fact, the paperwork for the vaccines we receive when getting the vaccine states 4 times on a single page that the vaccine has not been approved by the FDA to cure or treat COVID-19.
      January 6, 2021 3:08 PM MST

No vaccine treats or cures any disease.  They prevent the disease. 
      January 6, 2021 3:12 PM MST

The regular flu vaccines don't have that language in the FAQ sheets, though.
      January 7, 2021 10:35 AM MST

Another example of deep state at work.   

If it is required for Covid vaccines then legally it should be on all vaccines. 
      January 7, 2021 1:13 PM MST

Good grief! We KNOW there is no cure but it isn't even approved to TREAT? So why would they allow release and use? Will you take it? Thank you for your reply Walt! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 7, 2021 11:13 AM MST
      January 7, 2021 2:55 AM MST

Vaccines do not treat. 
      January 7, 2021 5:51 AM MST