Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Are you holding your breath for Trump to call off the insurrection at the Capitol building?

Are you holding your breath for Trump to call off the insurrection at the Capitol building?

Posted - January 6, 2021

Responses

It was a domestic terrorist attack on the core of our Republic incited by the lies of our own president. Nothing less.
      January 6, 2021 8:55 PM MST

Thank you.

"We are going to WALK AND CHEER"...oh of the violence of it all. 

Why would he give up or concede when there is evidence of a stolen election?

Conceding is not a requirement for any office.  We are not going to take it anymore....(we are going to continue to expect our elected officials to challenge the election and continue to fight fraud)

You have to add words to get violence out of that. 
      January 6, 2021 5:37 PM MST

And here are the words that sparked violence: 

""And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women," Trump told the crowd. "And we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

"We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved," Trump said. "Our country has had enough. We're not going to take it anymore."

Which of the highlighted portions do you not realize are the ones where Trump is calling for violence?  He knew that crowd came with guns and other weapons.  "you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

January 7, 2021 4:19 PM MST

Strength is not just physical. 
    Strength is having the courage to go there and make sure they are seen and heard.   Not run and hide. 
    Strength does not mean break or attack someone/thing.   You have add words or your own intepretation to get attack the capital out of that. 

Would you like me to give quotes of Dems "inciting violence"....I can twist and add spin with the best of them.   
    I can likely find that don't even need twisted. 
      January 7, 2021 4:38 PM MST

Why do you always counter with what a Democrat did?  We aren't talking about a Democrat inciting a riot - we're talking about Trump inciting one.

I'm done.  
      January 7, 2021 6:15 PM MST

Trump did not. Twisting his words does not alter what he said. 

Be peaceful. Go home. We are the law and order party. We support the blue. 

I bring up the Dems to show the hypocrisy that the media loves to twist Trump words to claim they mean the opposite. 
      January 7, 2021 6:42 PM MST

We all knew this was coming.  We knew it even before the election. Those who had the power to stop it refused; instead they blatantly encouraged it.
      January 6, 2021 2:57 PM MST

Every politician who enabled Trump in the past four years is complicit in this despicable occurrence.
      January 6, 2021 5:23 PM MST

and they should be treated as such.  FIRED!  
      January 6, 2021 6:08 PM MST

Absolutely!
      January 6, 2021 6:32 PM MST

Twitter just locked his account for 12 hours. I doubt he knows how to communicate without it.
      January 6, 2021 5:23 PM MST

They should lock it until he's out of office.
      January 6, 2021 6:35 PM MST

YES!!
      January 6, 2021 7:07 PM MST

• Hardly. Trump says what he has to say to ensure that he never directly calls for violence. But his rhetoric absolutely plays a role in encouraging these people.
      January 6, 2021 9:24 PM MST