Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » So, here's what I was actually going to ask about when I got sidetracked about that lack of an "aging" category....

So, here's what I was actually going to ask about when I got sidetracked about that lack of an "aging" category....

Do you think most people get more close-minded or open-minded about music as they get older? Or do you think age has nothing to do with it...if you've always been open to anything that sounds good to you regardless of genre, artist, etc. or have never really been that open?  (e.g. - I don't like Michael Jackson, The Beatles, country music, whatever, so even if I like the sound of a song I have to hate it because it's Celine Dion, Disturbed, Madonna, rap music, whatever). 

I like this Justin Bieber song and I'm not ashamed to say it. I know Jaimie is going to be so happy! 

Posted - January 8, 2021

Responses

Absolutely!!! We are kindred musical spirits, my friend! 

I'm so fortunate that my sons and friends think of me when they're listening to music and tell me when they come across something they think I'll like. I do the same and when we're all together, we have options of artists that we can all enjoy. 

Happy Saturday! :)

January 9, 2021 7:50 AM MST

Wow, thanks for a Pick!
    :)

Musically, I'd fit right in with your sons and friends and you, I bet.
      January 11, 2021 4:45 PM MST

We are friends! 

Which reminds me, I heard New Song a week or so ago and thought of you! :) 
      January 14, 2021 7:09 PM MST

At first, I read that as you 'heard a new song that you liked and thought of me and that I might like it, too."
    I looked closer and realize you probably mean Jones!
    Great song to me, of course!  :)

And I already was listening to his "In the Running" "album/CD/whatever" when I came to your post here, ha! :)
      January 15, 2021 4:38 PM MST

I was probably high when I posted. The fewer words I use the better. :P

That's a neat coincidence, isn't it? :)

You're welcome! I was feeling thoughtful or friendly or probably just high. LOL! :)
      January 18, 2021 7:08 PM MST

Yes! Thanks for more smiles!
      January 27, 2021 7:35 PM MST

And thanks for the milk shake!
      January 15, 2021 6:01 PM MST

I have always liked all styles of music. From country to metal to rap.  Each in different amounts in different phases of my life.

As I have gotten older I have considered the content of the lyrics more.  As a Mother and Nana I do not want to hear my kids/grandkids singing about inappropriate topics. But I do still enjoy the music if someone else has it on. 
      January 9, 2021 7:32 AM MST

I'm the same. And yes, people should consider lyrics around young children. It's definitely gone too far, with what's allowed to be referenced and gone unedited for radio. In my opinion. 

It's nice when your children become adults and you can openly like a song you once had to condemn because of the lyrical content. :)

January 9, 2021 7:55 AM MST

I AM sooooo happy :) Soon you’ll be a Kanye fan too!!! :) 
      January 9, 2021 5:05 PM MST

That’s why I’m divorcing Ansley and coming back to you. Your wedding tiara still has the Velcro strips on it, right?
    ~

January 9, 2021 5:34 PM MST

What?? I know haven’t been around as much lately but when did you marry Savvy? “Savvy, let’s combine our alimony checks and take a trip to CUBA!“

January 9, 2021 5:46 PM MST

If you hadn’t neglected me so much, it wouldn’t have caused me to seek comfort in the arms of another. This is all your fault, so no alimony for you!

(Ignore her, Savvy. She’s one of the crazy ones I told you about. No, no, no, no, not Jane S from Minnesota. This one is Canadian. Yes, I know, I know: I sure can pick ‘em, can’t I? Grrrrrrrrr.)

~

January 9, 2021 6:08 PM MST

It's medication time, Randy.

January 9, 2021 6:30 PM MST

He's off his meds again. But that's a good idea. Cuba sounds interesting. 
      January 9, 2021 6:29 PM MST

I had a trip booked Cuba in March but it got postponed because of covid. I still have the credit for the trip with my travel agent so I’m losing my mind waiting for things to open up again so I can go. I think Americans are allowed to go there now too? 
      January 9, 2021 7:21 PM MST

Are you really? That's so exciting. 

My travel goals are a bit more modest. But I still have them and I make them happen and am very happy with them! 

January 9, 2021 7:28 PM MST

Cuba is actually a very inexpensive place to travel. I can book a week there for under 2000 all inclusive.  I’ve been there a couple times. I love how it’s like traveling back in time when there. 
      January 9, 2021 7:35 PM MST

Wow, that is cheap! Hmm... food for thought. 
      January 14, 2021 7:11 PM MST

No. I don't think so. 

Ney, never Ye. 

I'm happy you're happy! I just knew you would be! :))
      January 9, 2021 6:34 PM MST

Try this one..... I’ll get you my pretty and your little dog too! lol 

January 9, 2021 7:20 PM MST

Nope. I really don't think so. :)
      January 9, 2021 7:25 PM MST

BAH! :) 
      January 9, 2021 7:36 PM MST