Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Website Parler attacked by Apple, Google and Amazon same day. Can they sue under anti-trust laws and win?

Website Parler attacked by Apple, Google and Amazon same day. Can they sue under anti-trust laws and win?

Parler is a competitor of Twitter. 
Google and Apple removed their app from their stores. 
Amazon informs them that they will no longer host their website. 

Posted - January 10, 2021

Responses

They can sue under antitrust laws. Would they win? Most likely not. Big businesses such as Apple and Google will do whatever they feel is necessary to keep their huge and powerful status. And, if it means having a hand in destroying someone else, like free-speech Parler, they will.
      January 10, 2021 12:44 PM MST

I hope they do and they win big. 
    Apple and Google said ot was to force them to moderate their users.  I know they do moderate some....because I have seen articles criticizing Parler for banning users. Cannot ban if not moderating. 
      January 10, 2021 2:18 PM MST

Don't get me wrong, I hope they sue and win as well. But with all of the lying, corruption, and power trips within these huge companies and within the judicial system, it will be quite difficult. I will say this as well, huge changes are coming and the hammer is about to fall. :)
      January 10, 2021 10:47 PM MST

• There would have to be proof of collusion among the companies to restrict trade or form a monopoly. It's not easy to win an anti-trust lawsuit. 
      January 10, 2021 1:06 PM MST

Would definately be a hard case. But I hope they go for it.
      January 10, 2021 2:19 PM MST