Discussion » Questions » Electronics » how do I convince my husband we should get a peloton? asking for a friend

how do I convince my husband we should get a peloton? asking for a friend

I’m the friend

Posted - January 11, 2021

Responses

I wouldn't try.

If he's rich enough to support an entire team of cyclists, then it's his right to decide which philanthropic ventures he wishes to support.

If you wish to support the team, find your own way of doing it.
      January 11, 2021 1:06 PM MST

You could secretly start taking in the waist line on his pants then he might start thinking he is putting on weight. After that you could tell him that a  peloton is a good way to get rid of extra weight. Cheers!
      January 11, 2021 3:12 PM MST

Just buy it for yourself. It comes with shoes, headphones and the monthly subscription to the app. Don‘t let him use it though. 
      January 11, 2021 3:27 PM MST

You would probably have a hard time convincing me to invest in such a thing.  Maybe you could try turning your head and muting the TV when commercials come on.  I don't see or hear them.  I've conditioned my senses to turn off when advertising or Nancy Pelosi sounds are entering my abode. 
      January 12, 2021 1:45 AM MST

You are not alone, I mute the adverts both on the TV and the radio, I don't want that drivel bombarding my brain.
      January 12, 2021 10:02 AM MST

Just ask him why he won't buy one? He may think it will be a novelty that will wear off quick, and will be a subscription (dollars) that will go to waste.  Do you run or cycle outside? If you don't do this, why would he think you'd commit to doing something inside? Personally, exercising outside is far better and costs nothing, just take a mask so you can cover your face when passing others, and remember to social distance.

I'm not sure what the lockdown situation is in America at the moment, the UK is back on lockdown.  During the first lockdown in March, people were eager to buy bikes and all the kit, exercise machines and such, but then when the lockdown was lifted, loads of these where on ebay and other such sites, where the novelty wore off once things started to return to normal. Another noticeable thing is that people are buying pets, the cost of buying a puppy at the moment, even a mutt, is anywhere from £1000, to £5000, which is ridiculous, and again people are breeding their dogs knowing the prices they are getting for the puppies.  Hence, the rescue centres are expecting an influx of dogs, once things get back to normal, and the owners no longer have the time or inclination for the animal.

January 12, 2021 10:12 AM MST