Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How far do you live from YOUR state capitol? Are you worried about what will occur there on January 20, 2021?

How far do you live from YOUR state capitol? Are you worried about what will occur there on January 20, 2021?

Posted - January 13, 2021

Responses

We are several hours away.  
    I am not going to any rallies etc.  
      January 13, 2021 12:23 PM MST

Good. Stay safe. STAY HOME. We're probably almost 600 miles away from Sacramento. Thankfully. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      January 13, 2021 12:25 PM MST

I am about a 3 hour drive from our Provincial  Capital building And about a 3.000 mile drive from Canada's Capital  building and this week I have thought a lot about that building and how I would feel if it was over run by a savage mob. Cheers!
      January 13, 2021 1:09 PM MST

Pray to heaven and the universe it NEVER happens to you my friend. I would be SHOCKED and probably not believe it. Canadians are far too stable intelligent and honorable. I will tell you this. I don't recognize my country any more. I'm first generation American. My parents were naturalized and so proud to be AMERICAN. This country is not the same country it was way back when. If it were they would NEVER have emigrated here. I am thankful they are not alive to see what has happened to their beautiful country that they were SO PROUD OF! I expect I am not the only who is glad their parents are not here to see what has become of America. Too heartbreaking. Too unbelievable. Sigh. Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Thursday to you and your family! :)
      January 14, 2021 1:47 AM MST

About 140 miles. I am not concerned.
      January 13, 2021 2:12 PM MST

Good and good. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! STAY SAFE! :)
      January 14, 2021 1:48 AM MST

I'm about 153 miles from Albany.  I'm not worried down here, but I do worry for folks up that way.
      January 13, 2021 3:00 PM MST

Thank goodness honey. I don't know how far out from the capitols the carnage will go but they could be planting landmines or bombs in the outskirts as I write this. Too far out there? I don't know L but I think with a crazed frenzied mad dog mob anything is possible including everything I wrote. We will find out. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 14, 2021 1:50 AM MST

Well, as long as they don't bomb my supermarket, I think I'll be OK. :)
      January 14, 2021 6:42 AM MST

Geez L you just gave me something else to worry about. Well I can't blame you for making an observation. Since all the imbecilic insurrectionists are mentally defective to the max there is no telling what they will do. Prepare for worst case. I think 20,000 National Guard just might do that. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 14, 2021 6:51 AM MST

Well, I made it back from the supermarket.  Whew!  Another successful trip. :)
      January 14, 2021 2:23 PM MST

((hugs)) Every day we get closer. I wonder if the imbecilic insurrectionists plan more damage to blue states than red? Or will they make sure all capitols get the same treatment? You know my sister and brother-in-law live in Carson City, Nevada. They're the only ones I know who live a state capitol. But I think Nevada is kinda red isn't it so maybe the treasonist traitors will go light on them? Thank you for your reply L and Happy Friday to you. Your sisters still doing OK?
      January 15, 2021 2:25 AM MST

I wouldn't be surprised if the blue states are picked on more than the red ones.  After all, it is the more liberal policies of the blue states that those insurrectionists are worried about.  They fear that, over time, liberal policies will dilute their "white" supremacy.  I believe that's what Trump meant when he said that if they didn't fight, they would no longer have the country they wanted.  
      January 15, 2021 6:49 AM MST

In the suburbs. I'm not concerned - even if it was the Australian government, we Aussies invented the term "DILLIGAF" (Do I Look Like I Give A F***?)
      January 13, 2021 3:25 PM MST

OMG R. ONLY YOU could figger out a way to make me laugh! Honestly if that isn't the funniest thing I've heard in years I don't know what is. DILLIGAF? I just giggled typing it. You know me. I use everything that comes my way. I'm going to share this. I hope you don't mind but it's maybe a laugh others could use. Thank you for the sharing of it R. I sincerely mean that. Here goes! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 15, 2021 10:51 AM MST
      January 14, 2021 2:00 AM MST

There's a VERY RUDE song by Australian comedian Kevin Bl**dy Wilson with that title.
      January 14, 2021 2:11 AM MST

Well this may be our most fierce DISAGREEMENT. There is nothing remotely rude about DILLIGAF! I have spoke. Trust me. It is a lifeline to sanity. You think I'm exaggerating don't you? Today I awoke expecting grim.  I get very GROUCHY surrounded by grim. There is no grouch right now because my brain is focused on DILLIGAF. Now of course it's brand new to me so it will take some getting used to. It's like you get a new car and everything delights. And then the deights wears off and it's just a car. Although methinks DILLIGAF can never any kind of "just a". I bet there are lots and bunches and loads of other AUSSIE sayings that would crack me up. I look forward to hearing them. What's in a word or acronym? Anything and everything! :)
      January 14, 2021 3:17 AM MST

I'm about as far as I can get, and still be in the state.
    Well, not really.  I could go to Eastern Washington, but I don't like the weather.  Either too hot or too cold.  lol

Worried?  No.
    After all, I root for the aliens in Independence Day.  
    Truthfully, though, it's not like any "protestors" have the numbers to be more than a temporary annoyance.

NPR is reporting that the FBI is getting hundreds of thousands of leads from citizens, to apprehend the people who broke in to the Capitol Building.

January 13, 2021 3:47 PM MST

I read that there were about 8000 insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol. What are the odds that ALL OF THEM will eventually be apprehended Walt? Hundreds of thousands of leads? That sounds really good. I think the imbecilic insurrectionists are so proud they will not have engaged in this quietly. They will have made it very clear whom they are and what they are and brag about what they planned. All good on them. The more bragging and posting photos and engaging in internet "chats" the easier it will be to GET THEM! Even so are you apprehensive about what will happen? You refer to them as "protestors". You say it is a "temporary annoyance". Do you really believe that to be true Walt? This is going to blow over like any fad? Beanie babies redux? Pet rocks? If that is what you believe to be true then more power to you. As Kirk would say MAKE IT SO. Or whatever he said. SIGH. Thank you for our reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      January 14, 2021 1:54 AM MST

I believe they aren't more than a temporary annoyance because they don't have the numbers or support to make any permanent change to how our government operates.  Even if they somehow managed to take and hold a government building, with modern technology the legal government doesn't have to meet at the Capital Building - they could meet virtually.  And quite honestly, most of the government runs without direct influence from any legislature or executive ... it's run by the daily workings of bureaucrats.  Think of how many times we've had a "government shutdown" in the last decade - and few citizens noticed any change to their daily lives.
      January 14, 2021 7:11 AM MST

Okay m'dear. I know this is something I need to try to understand because you are coming back with the same thing only from a different angle. That means you mean it so I will read it again to see if I can "get" your point. Hold on. I'm reading. OK sweetie. Done. Here's my question. Do you KNOW how many? You say they don't have the numbers or support. Why do you think that? The 8000 that showed up at the Capitol did awful damage but what they COULD HAVE DONE is terrifying. I think if they aren't lying and mean it and occupy the 50 state capitols plus D.C. there could be many more than 8000. Also those who did not physically travel to D.C. saw the damage done perhaps they will want to be part of it on inauguration day? Maybe 20,000? I have no idea how many members there are of all the WHITE SUPREMACIST RACIST DOMESTIC TERRORIST GROUPS. 100,000 maybe? There are an awful lot of them. So what think you about what we don't know? Thank you for your reply Walt. See. I'm trying to cooperate! :)
      January 14, 2021 7:30 AM MST

When I say they don't have the numbers/support ... I refer to the fact that there are far more people talking, than willing to do anything.  Regardless of where they are at on the political spectrum.  

Also - How many people are able (or willing) to risk their jobs, in the current economy?
    NPR is reporting that companies are firing people who have been recorded breaking in to the Capital Building.
    There are thousands of people unemployed, now ... just waiting to take those jobs.

Nor do they have the support of the vast majority of Americans.
    While it's true that many eligible voters don't vote, because they don't believe there is any real chance of change - that is a far cry from agreeing the system needs to be changed through violence.
    As we saw with the reaction to this event, it caused widespread backlash - even people who are friends/family of the rioters are sending information to the FBI.

Nor do they have the support of politicians.  Even Trump spoke against them.
    It's one thing to rant and rave and support marches that are seen as hateful.
    It's quite another to support a physical attack on the seat of government.

January 14, 2021 8:05 AM MST

OK then Walt. My scared-to- he** level is less because of what you wrote. I know you CAN'T know for sure but you have analyzed the situation and this is your take on it. It does help a whole lot to have folks to talk to with different views. Some of them are crackpots of course. Not you. OK. I'm gonna go with what you wrote and just see what happens. Also what choice do I have? QUE SERA SERA right? Thank you for taking the time to DETAIL your why. I think it's as good as any other why and I like the outcome you see. Carry on! Press forward. See what happens! :)
      January 14, 2021 12:41 PM MST

I live 219 miles from my state capitol.  I’m not worried about what might happen there on Wednesday, because I don’t have any control over that stuff, and it’s 219 miles away.

The only reason I would have to go to the state capital is if one of my lottery tickets gets all six numbers right, so I probably won’t have a reason to go there anytime soon.

January 13, 2021 5:24 PM MST