Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Did you ever play 'Kick the Republi 'can'?

Did you ever play 'Kick the Republi 'can'?

Posted - January 17, 2021

Responses

Not myself, but if you go on Facebook political forum, you have dedicated anti-Trumpists who pool together and attack his reputability as long as he remains with any power. As a matter of fact, he riles such emotion that they repeatedly want him criminalized under law. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at January 17, 2021 11:17 AM MST
      January 17, 2021 11:08 AM MST

That's a dumb idea.
      January 17, 2021 3:46 PM MST

Most of mine are dumb.
      January 17, 2021 7:28 PM MST

I would not recommend that to anyone in my area.
      January 17, 2021 3:51 PM MST

No but I have played a similar game in Canada called - Kick The Torie . Cheers ! This post was edited by Nanoose at January 17, 2021 10:05 PM MST
      January 17, 2021 4:36 PM MST

• I have played 'Kick the Republican'.  I voted to kick out the Republican (Propuesta Republicana) in our last election.  The economy fell during his presidency, and his scandal poked a national sore spot.
      January 17, 2021 9:02 PM MST

That’s a nice non-violent, tolerant, intelligent, respectful, and unifying sentiment. NOT!

Would you raise any backlash if the exact same thought was directed toward non-Republicans?

January 18, 2021 10:18 AM MST

It's a silly question. Did you ever hear of the kids' game, 'Kick the Can'? I changed the question. This post was edited by Element 99 at January 18, 2021 6:37 PM MST
      January 18, 2021 11:52 AM MST

In light of what’s taking place in current events, it’s an inciting question. Yes, I have heard of the game, just as I have heard of thousands of examples of kicking or otherwise striking out at inanimate objects. Cans are not people, and kicking a can is vastly different than kicking a person. I see absolutely zero correlation between the two in regard to your posted question.

If you truly think it’s just silliness, why not post an equal one about people who are not Republicans? Of course, if you were to do that now after having posted this one first and after I suggested it, the impact of it would be severely decreased because of its comparative nature. On the other hand, had you used the group “Democrat” in place of “Republican” on your original post, I would have the same stance that I think it’s inflammatory.

I don’t think it’s right to vilify or demonize people who think differently or who hold viewpoints and opinions that differ from your own, and an extension of that is carrying out physical violence or verbal attacks that don’t intelligently address issues. This post doesn’t help advance positivity among groups that already have antagonistic relations.

I am merely responding to your post and your comment in defense of it  I am not saying that you don’t have the right to post them, I am not saying I think they should be taken down. 

One man‘s opinion. 

January 18, 2021 12:22 PM MST

No because I am left footed.
      January 18, 2021 1:16 PM MST

no, ive never played that
      January 18, 2021 1:30 PM MST