Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We have been told that "the press is the enemy of the people"meaning knowledge/truth are bad. Straying from the pack is bad. Do you agree?

We have been told that "the press is the enemy of the people"meaning knowledge/truth are bad. Straying from the pack is bad. Do you agree?

Posted - January 19, 2021

Responses

Meaning...the media lies. 
      January 19, 2021 6:09 AM MST

The press IS the enemy of the people!   It speaks only what brings it $$$.  It claims to be sailing under the flags of truth and honesty, when in reality it's only flags are bias and sensationalism.  Their decks of the Media are cluttered with talking heads that spout opinion, not fact. They repeatedly debate these opinions with each other, producing neither knowledge or truth.  Truth is limited, meaning truth is truth is truth.   There's no money to be made in tuth.  Opinion, however, is unlimited; riddled with oceans of speculation and rivers of dispute.  The longer they travel, the more money they make.  Knowledge and truth are not bad, just unprofitable.  
      January 19, 2021 12:00 PM MST

I disagree with thee. There are many journalist with integrity. Do you find receiving a PULITZER PRIZE or NOBEL PRIZE phony too?  Journalists have gambled with their lives to cover truth and report it to us. ERNIE PYLE was a great war correspondent. He was there to REPORT TRUTH. He was not an anomaly. Your view comes from wherever. Of course you have a right to it. It saddens me that you do NOT see the GREATNESS we have realized while our journalists were risking their lives to report the truth. So in this regard you agree with TRAITOR DON completely. SHOCKING. Sadly.  Thank you for your views. This post was edited by RosieG at January 19, 2021 1:06 PM MST
      January 19, 2021 12:57 PM MST

I see "news" places as what we have today - CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and such.  I don't doubt there are journalist with integrity.  It's not them, but those they report back to.  They're the ones who dissect that "news" and retell it however they want.  Then they toss it to the 'heads' who wolf it down and then spit it back out as opinion.... which the masses eat up like candy.
      January 19, 2021 1:09 PM MST

Faux lost all credibility with its suckups like sean hannity and tucker carlson. It is pap for the mental defects among us. Anyone who listens and believes those lies is not all there if you know what I mean. 74 million who voted for Don Guano a second time are mental defects to me. Truth will out. Eventually. I hope we can spare the time! Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Yes. I'm going back to see what I missed and I'm finding I missed A LOT. Apologies.
      June 15, 2021 5:55 AM MDT