Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Lady GAGA. Jennifer Lopez. Garth Brooks. The POET LAUREAT of AMERICA. Pretty good slate of entertainers for President Biden. DIDJA ATTEND?

Lady GAGA. Jennifer Lopez. Garth Brooks. The POET LAUREAT of AMERICA. Pretty good slate of entertainers for President Biden. DIDJA ATTEND?

Posted - January 20, 2021

Responses

Yep...great speech.
      January 20, 2021 11:20 AM MST

Did you watch the whole thing E? It blew me away. There were a couple of entertainers not really my cuppa tea but otherwise? I JUST LOVED IT! Especially how it ended with all the fireworks. It's the best party I've attended in many many many DECADES! God Bless America! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! There were so many artists who participated. I couldn't choose a favorite if you paid me a million bucks! It's part of me now and forever! :)
      January 21, 2021 2:02 AM MST

I watched it and I was really moved. Biden will be rolling up his sleeves and getting to work today but if you recall after Trump was sworn in he wondered around the WH in his bathrobe. Cheers!

January 20, 2021 11:28 AM MST

I watched it while home alone and I still applauded.
      January 20, 2021 11:36 AM MST

I didn't applaud but I sure got a nice tingally feeling. I also watched when Trump was sworn in and I got a sick and fearfull feeling. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at April 10, 2021 6:47 AM MDT
      January 20, 2021 11:48 AM MST

:)
      April 10, 2021 6:47 AM MDT

:)
      April 10, 2021 6:46 AM MDT

Did you watch it all the way to the end with the FIREWORKS Nanoose? I sure hope so. It was AWESOME!  As for the former occupant that's in the past. We are moving forward. That's old news. What do we do with old newspapers? Wrap up pet poop in it and discard it. Done! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      January 21, 2021 2:04 AM MST

I had every intention of watching but today I had to work until 1 PM and I completely forgot that it was broadcast live.  Hopefully, I will be able to catch it somewhere on line.  
      January 20, 2021 11:57 AM MST

So you didn't see any of the entertainers who blew us away or the fireworks or Demi Lovato or John Legend or Katy Perry or Bruce Springsteen or Tom Hanks or Jon Bon Jovi singing HERE COMES THE SUN at dawn as the sun was rising or John Legend or Justin Timberlake (not a favorite but wow he and another singer were aweesome good) or or or or or? If they show it again Watch it. I will never forget it. People from all over the country were PART of it. Not just celebrities. Ordinary folks too. From little kids to old folks like me. It was a HUGE BLOCK PARTY. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Thursday to you! :)
      January 21, 2021 2:08 AM MST

I was able to watch it starting at 8:30 PM.  I saw the entertainers.  I'm not a big Jennifer Lopez fan, nor did I care for the one that the Foo Fighters did - that was just noise to me.  I think John Legend has a fantastic voice and I was surprised that I liked Demi Lovato also.  Katy Perry looked like a tank in that dress - her wardrobe person should be shot.  Is she pregnant or just fat?  It was a wonderful mix of old and young.  
      January 21, 2021 3:07 PM MST

I muted the FOO. Not my cuppa tea but they are making a living at it so someone likes them I guess. Funny your take on Katy. I loved it and didn't really pay any attention to what she was wearing. I was entranced by the fireworks. I remember when Oprah gave herself a 50th birthday party years ago and invited a bazillion people(John Legened was one of them) Katy flew in from Australia where she was performing to attend the bash then flew back again. That impressed me a lot. I don't notice appearance that much. Jim does. He is fixated on appearance. He was a hairstylist so the hairdos these days drive him bonkers. And eyebrows! You should hear go on about them. Me? Who cares? Different strokes. But there's a question there that should be asked. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 10, 2021 11:16 AM MDT
      January 22, 2021 12:54 AM MST

I found out that Katie Perry had given birth recently.  Maybe that's why the dress she was wearing looked so voluminous.  I'm with Jim - today's "hairstyles" look like a hot mess most of the time.  Those supposed "beach waves" look like some little furry creature at off the ends of their hair.  I also agree with him on the eyebrows.  I know they frame the face, but if they're so thick they look like they need mowing, they aren't enhancing one's looks.  Most of them now have their eyebrows tattooed on and once they do that, there's no going back.
      January 22, 2021 7:50 AM MST

I look. I see .But not the same way that you or Jim do. I don't know why that is. What I perceive rarely disturbs me enough to comment on it. I am more inclined to comment on what comes out of the mouth than what I see with my own eyes. Different strokes. Even when Jim points out what he calls "defects" they don't look like defects to me. They just are what they are and none of it affects me personally. It affects him. It ANNOYS him. Not so with me. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 23, 2021 4:37 AM MST

Sounds as though Jim and I would get along well. :)
      January 23, 2021 6:58 AM MST

It's on you tube.
      January 21, 2021 8:47 AM MST

Thanks.
      January 21, 2021 3:07 PM MST

Since I responded earlier, I watched the swearing in, Biden's speech and Lady Gaga's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner (which brought me to tears) and, for the first time in a very long time, I feel as though a weight has been lifted off the nation.  I know that sounds mushy, but I feel we can finally breathe a sigh of relief. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at January 21, 2021 8:47 AM MST
      January 20, 2021 2:18 PM MST

That was just the tip of the iceberg. So much more followed. Hope you can see that as well.
      January 21, 2021 2:09 AM MST

I did see more, later on.  I was amazed at that young lady, Amanda Gorman, and her poetry.  She was fantastic.  It wasn't just the words - it was the hand gestures and the manner of speech that enthralled.
      January 21, 2021 2:45 PM MST

Yes. A very eloquent elegant dynamic young woman. We will be hearing more from her. Of that I"m sure! I thought the entire day was PERFECT. I muted the Foo fighters. Otherwise fantastic! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      January 22, 2021 1:05 AM MST

It turned out well and more people tuned into Biden's inauguration than they did for Trump.  

Biden tops Trump's inauguration ratings
    Photo: Win McNamee/Getty Images

President Biden's swearing-in and inaugural address drew nearly 40 million viewers (not counting streaming), beating Trump's 38.35 million viewers from 2017, according to preliminary Nielsen figures, Sara Fischer writes.

• Roughly 24.6 million tuned into the star-studded event in prime time hosted by Tom Hanks.

Why it matters: The figures, which don't include data from households that may have streamed the event, show that despite all of the drama in Washington, the country was still eager to watch its new president be sworn in.

https://mail.yahoo.com/b/folders/1/messages/AIFQEykvs6rPYAq0NQUwIJcrjp0?.src=ym&reason=myc&folderType=INBOX&showImages=true&offset=0

January 22, 2021 7:44 AM MST

I thought that whole entire day INCLUDING the Press Conference was awesome perfect! It moving and elegant and spare and lush. It was everything I could have wished for and beyond. Thank you for your informative reply and the link my friend. "A good time was had by all. Wish you were here." I understand why so many people wanted to be part of it...participate. Memorable. For all the right reasons. Happy Saturday L and STAY SAFE! :) Imagine holding the first Press Conference which will be done daily ON THE DAY OF THE INAUGURATION? The future looks brighter. It's lit finally. Hard to know what's going on in the dark! Let there be light! :)
      January 23, 2021 12:23 AM MST

I agree.  Con artists do their best work in the dark.  
      January 23, 2021 7:34 AM MST