Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think former president Donald Trump is serious about forming his own political party 'The Patriot Party'?

Do you think former president Donald Trump is serious about forming his own political party 'The Patriot Party'?

As he was leaving DC he remarked "our movement has only just begun"

Posted - January 21, 2021

Responses

He may be and why not, the Republicans and Democrats seem to have a knack for botching up almost everything they touch and disagreeing on the rest they haven't touched yet. We need a pro-United States, pro-Constitution, pro-freedom, and pro-rights patriot in office. Perhaps this Patriot party would be just that. Who knows.
      January 21, 2021 9:11 AM MST

Sounds fine, just gotta keep pro Trumpism out of the picture.
      January 21, 2021 9:23 AM MST

He probably is serious but I  don't think it will be a strong party - the Proud Boys have turned their backs on him and say Trump is weak. Cheers!
      January 21, 2021 9:45 AM MST

• I doubt it. Teddy Roosevelt tried that and had about as much success as you can have with a third party (which isn't much). I don't support Trumpism at all, but one good thing that could come from this is encouraging the formation of more third parties and perhaps hastening the death of the two-party system (which can't come quickly enough). 
      January 21, 2021 10:48 AM MST

If his new political party is as successful as all his other business ventures, I don't think we have anything about which to worry.
      January 21, 2021 3:21 PM MST