Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Many states are PLEADING for vaccines. Thousands of appointments to get one have been cancelled. Is your one of them?

Many states are PLEADING for vaccines. Thousands of appointments to get one have been cancelled. Is your one of them?

Posted - January 22, 2021

Responses

New York City cancelled 23,000 vaccination appointments yesterday.  
      January 22, 2021 8:08 AM MST

I heard that which prompted the question. My goodness what a mess it is and I guess it will continue to be for weeks or months. SIGH. Meanwhile the virus spreads. Good luck to everyone. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      January 23, 2021 4:24 AM MST

Yesterday, they cancelled even more appointments.  I got an email from my internist's group that they have requested vaccines and when they get them, they will notify those of us who are eligible and we can then make an appointment.  No point in even trying to get something at this point.  All it will do is irritate me.
      January 23, 2021 7:02 AM MST

They are according you the courtesy of not jerking you around m'dear. Kudos to them. I just don't understand how it could have gotten this bollexed up and take so long to unbollex. Only in America under certain specific circumstances. A perfect storm of inept coupled with incompetent mixed in with indifference contempt disdain. Hard to beat that! Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 23, 2021 7:07 AM MST
      January 23, 2021 7:05 AM MST

Well, it does seem as though someone deaf, dumb and blind was handling the distribution.  Then, again, look who was at the helm - the person who thought the virus was a hoax  Frankly, I'd fire that military guy who was on TV and said he had everything under control.  
      January 23, 2021 7:09 AM MST

Now things seem to be running very smoothly. May it continue on! Sorry for the long delay in response. I'm never caught up. My bad! :)
      April 6, 2021 6:21 AM MDT

They are running ahead of schedule and now the younger crowd will be able to get vaccinated, which can only be a good thing.  Can you imagine if this happened 10 months ago?  How many people would still be alive?
      April 6, 2021 1:43 PM MDT

I know. That is a staggering FACT. Hundreds of thousands who died would still be alive. It seems almost diabolic that FOOTOO was in charge then doesn't it? A worse "leader" we could not have had. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 10, 2021 5:57 AM MDT

Looking at things today, maybe one of the leaders worse than Trump is Bolsinaro in Brazil.  
      April 10, 2021 7:58 AM MDT

There is a "worse than"? How incredibly tragic is THAT? Thank you for your reply L. I'll have to Google him. I don't know anything about him! :)
      April 10, 2021 8:04 AM MDT

Bolsinaro is not one of the good guys.  
      April 10, 2021 8:07 AM MDT

I gathered that from what you said sweetie. SIGH. I wonder if there are more rotten apples leading countries than "good guys" or "good gals"? Gonna ask! Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 10, 2021 8:09 AM MDT

As of yesterday only 50% of vaccines have been given....why are they whining.   If they are not out of vaccine. 

NY threw vaccine away....Coumo should not be allowed to oversee his state's vaccine procedure. Fed should take control there. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/
      January 23, 2021 7:14 AM MST