Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Is Biden trying to take credit for Trump's accomplishments on getting people vaccinated for the virus?

Is Biden trying to take credit for Trump's accomplishments on getting people vaccinated for the virus?

Trump's policies have got 100 million vaccines being administered per day. Biden promises 100 million people vaccinated in 100 days.

Yes, yes, I know that the Dems are claiming that Trump had not national policy for distributing the vaccine.  If that is the case, then how did we get to 100 million vaccines administered per day?

Posted - January 22, 2021

Responses

I would like to see your data that 100 million vaccinations have occurred under Trump.  The answer is we didn't get 100 million people vaccinated.  How about not just spouting what you think you know and do some research on the facts.  

"Since the first vaccine was administered in the United States in mid-December, nearly 12.3 million doses have been given, out of 31.2 million doses distributed, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The total includes 1.6 million people who have received both doses, the CDC said.6 days ago"

"How many Covid vaccines have been given in US?
    About 12.3 million Americans have received their initial vaccine dose, as of Friday morning, according to the latest available data compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Roughly 31.2 million doses have been distributed.3 days ago."

"U.S. counts 1,600 reported Covid-19 deaths, 151,000 cases In all, more than 1.7 million people have been fully
    vaccinated and more than 12 million have received their first dose.
    3 days ago"

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GYPO_enUS928US928&ei=zu4KYOi1GIibwbkPi8GJ-AI&q=how+many+people+were+vaccinated+under+trump&oq=how+many+people+were+vaccinated+under+trump&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQA1DyGVjWM2CdOWgBcAB4AIABVIgBsQKSAQE0mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjo1JOT7a_uAhWITTABHYtgAi8Q4dUDCA0&uact=5
      January 22, 2021 8:35 AM MST

You need to learn to read.  I didn't say that Trump vaccinated 100 million people.  I pointed out that Trump's policies have gotten us to the point where 1 million people are receiving the vaccine per day.  So, regardless of who is President, we are already on track to vaccinate 100 million people over the next 100 days before Biden has done anything.  Yet, here comes Biden promising to vaccinate 100 million people in the next 100 days as if HE is responsible for getting that done.
      January 22, 2021 9:07 AM MST

No, Glenn, 1 million people a day are NOT receiving vaccinations.  Perhaps you are the one who needs to learn how to read.  
      January 22, 2021 9:33 AM MST

According to Bloomberg there are not quite 1 Million per day  but very close.... 982 thousand per day last week (still under Trump)  there were also several days in Jan where the daily number vaccinated was over 1 Million per day. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/
      January 23, 2021 8:59 AM MST

Why did you write:  'Trump's policies have got 100 million vaccines being administered per day. ? HUH?
      January 22, 2021 12:12 PM MST

You may want to re-word your question 1 Million a day...not 100 Million a day....
      January 23, 2021 9:02 AM MST

I wish it were 100 million a day. We would all be safe.
      January 23, 2021 1:23 PM MST

As long as it remains voluntary. 
      January 23, 2021 2:38 PM MST

I was thinking the same thing. How long will this remain voluntary?
      January 23, 2021 4:12 PM MST

I'll be the first in line. 69 y/o, heart condition, smoker, drinker.
      January 23, 2021 4:56 PM MST

I don't blame you if I were older I would consider it. My Dad and Step mom are a little younger than you and do not want it. My MIL is 76 she also does not want it. My Mom got it an survived (Thank God) she has several health issues. She got her first dose of the vaccine a week ago. 
    I don't blame you at all. I would prefer if my parents got it...but they should not be forced. 
      January 23, 2021 6:03 PM MST

I think it was inevitable that anything done by the last administration must be 'bad' and therefore revoked by the 'new broom'. Now I read:

In 2017, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said: ‘When the federal government settles a case against a corporate wrongdoer, any settlement funds should go first to the victims and then to the American people — not to bankroll third-party special interest groups or the political friends of whoever is in power.’
    He was right, and the practice was stopped. A news report now claims that Biden is reversing this ruling, allowing, for instance, non-elected extreme left pressure groups to be arbitrarily selected to benefit financially in an adjudication of matters in which they have no direct involvement.
    Does the justification transcend the barrier of logic and the democratic principle?  

January 23, 2021 3:44 PM MST