Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So now I read that ANNUAL COVID 19 VACCINES MAY BE REQUIRED DUE TO THE VARIANTS. Just like flu, right?

So now I read that ANNUAL COVID 19 VACCINES MAY BE REQUIRED DUE TO THE VARIANTS. Just like flu, right?

Posted - January 25, 2021

Responses

Annual Covid-19 vaccines don't surprise me in the least. Whether it's needed or not, people had to have known this was going to happen sooner or later.
      January 25, 2021 7:58 AM MST

Well of course.  
      January 25, 2021 12:05 PM MST

D'ya think we will be collecting things that will require ANNUAL then Shuhak? We get our annual flu shots. We do what our doc advises us to do. I forget at what age it was but he said it was something we needed to do. We also got other shots to prevent us from getting Shingles and Pneumonia I think. Jim's sister got Shingles and she said it was the most painful thing she had ever experienced. Being as how I'm not a fan of pain nor is Jim we got one a few years ago. I think prevention is smart. Some wait and see. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at January 27, 2021 1:26 AM MST
      January 26, 2021 12:39 AM MST

Sadly, yes.  Better to have them than not. right?  However, the current vaccine was rushed.  With time they may tweak it to where it becomes a one0-tien thing.   BUt that may take years and years.  Best to have a booster and keep as many people as possible alive now, than wait a  decade (or so) until it's "perfected".

My mom has shingles in her eye.  Since I've had chicken pox 5 times in my life, I'm probably a good candidate for getting shingles.  
      January 26, 2021 9:34 AM MST

Oh my gosh! IN HER EYE? Poor thing. I didn't know it could flare up in the eyes. I always thought it was a skin thing...like your back. Jo (my dear departed SIL) said her skin felt like it was ON FIRE. Wearing clothes was painful. Can you imagine that? Does you mom have eye drops or something to mitigate the pain?  Your  having had chicken pox 5 times means you don't develop an immunity to it once you get it? Can you be too young to get a Shingles shot? Will you ask and get it if you're not too young? That's a dreadful thing to have hanging over your head as if what you've already experienced weren't enough and that's lying in wait. Geez I'm sorry. The two worst pains for me were a middle ear infection in BOTH EARS and needing a root canal. I remember being "blinded" by the pain. Jo said Shingles is worse! Wonder what today will be bring? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to you m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 27, 2021 10:28 AM MST
      January 27, 2021 1:32 AM MST

That was a typo... I meant to say she HAD shingles in her eye.  That happened 15 years ago.  And she was miserable for months!

They say one can only get the chicken pox once.  My dad had it twice.  I guess its genetic.
    One has to be at least over 50 to get the shingles vaccine (it used to be 60-65)

If I can remember, I will ask my doctor about the vaccine when I see him next.  It's amazing how my excellent memory simply stops working the moment I step inside the doctor's office, and then starts back up the moment I exit the doors.  Of course there's the "guy thing" too...  We go to the doctor because we're are at death's door with a case of the sniffles.  But when the doctor asks , "how are you doing?", we say "fine".  

January 27, 2021 10:47 AM MST

With me it is inevitably the WHITE COAT SYNDROME! My blood pressure shoots up way high. My doc told me to get a blood pressure machine to track it at home. I reported to him my readings which I took once a day in the morning..THREE TIMES in a row! They were almost all EXCEEDINGLY NORMAL  or NORMAL EXCELLENT! He realized it was the white coat syndrome that kicked in. So now I am supposed to check my blood pressure once a month..not three times a day. I really like that machine. It only cost about $32 at Walmart. He pulled up on his computer screen the one he wanted me to get and I got it. So now we have it for whenever we need it. Very comforting actually. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. You should write down everything you want to ask your doc before you go. Once you're "on stage" so to speak it's hard to think. I know. :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 27, 2021 11:52 AM MST
      January 27, 2021 10:59 AM MST