Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I don't know how many ANTI-VAXXERS there are out there. Usually it's no skin off my nose until it is. Their choice until it affects me. See?

I don't know how many ANTI-VAXXERS there are out there. Usually it's no skin off my nose until it is. Their choice until it affects me. See?

I don't give a golly whiz if someone gets Shingles. They want the excruciating pain. So be it. SHINGLES is not a communicable disease. I won't get it if you aren't protected so frankly m'dear I don't give a dam* if you do or don't do. It's your body and your neck and your long term agony. You chose it. You got it.

On the other hand. Refusal to get a vaccine that would protect against jeoparding others and possibly kill them, me among them? It is my business then and so I speak out and ask what the he** is wrong with you?

Do you feel you no responsibiity to them? None? It's your world and get the he** out of your way? That's it?

Posted - January 26, 2021

Responses

A person with shingles can infect someone with chicken pox, that's how I got it. From my grandmother.
      January 26, 2021 1:13 AM MST

OMG R! You got CHICKEN POX from your grandmother who passed it on to you through her having SHINGLE? Good grief! Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :) To quote Gilda Radner..."if it's not one thing it's another"! :(
      January 26, 2021 1:16 AM MST

Same virus. Once you have had chicken pox, you can get shingles, because it never leaves your system entirely. It can lie dormant for decades, then BOOM.
    I've had chicken pox, measles and rubella, all before the vaccines became widely available in Australia in the mid-1970s.
      January 26, 2021 1:26 AM MST

I did not know that R. Thanks for the info. I think most kids get chicken pox. So that virus remains in the body ready to STRIKE at a later date? From what Jo (my dear sadly departed sister-in-law) it was the worst pain she's ever had and it hung on and flared up and hung and flared up and hung on and flared up! So when we found there was a vaccine to prevent it we GRABBED it. I think I had measles too. What is rubella? Thank you for your reply. Very informative! Which as you know is just the way I like it...uh huh. Uh huh! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 26, 2021 1:32 AM MST
      January 26, 2021 1:31 AM MST

Rubella is sometimes called "German measles". It's a mild disease unless you're pregnant - it can cause very serious birth defects, which is why girls get a booster vaccine against it soon after menarche.
    Our son got it a fortnight before his vaccination was due. The doctor took one look at him and shot a question at his mother, "Is there any chance you could be pregnant?" Maureen was mystified, as it was Tim rather than herself who was sick, but answered in the negative (I had a vasectomy shortly after he was born). The doctor gave a satisfied sigh, and said "This is the most obvious case of rubella I've ever seen. Keep him cool, make sure he has plenty of water and he'll be fine in a day or two. And don't get him his  MMR shot for another month."
      January 26, 2021 1:48 AM MST