Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It is true that if you ignore some 'problems' they resolve themselves. It is also true that urgent severe problems only get worse. True?

It is true that if you ignore some 'problems' they resolve themselves. It is also true that urgent severe problems only get worse. True?

Ever in your life ignore an urgent severe problem that resolved itself?

Posted - January 29, 2021

Responses

All problems will resolve themselves in some way.
    As an example: cancer.  You can treat it or ignore it.
    If treated, you may live longer.
    If ignored, it resolves itself by killing you - so it's no longer a problem.

January 29, 2021 9:20 AM MST

You are playing with me Walt. Of course everything has an end. The point is to resolve it in a positive way to achieve a benefit. C'mon. Seriously? SIGH. Thank you for your reply. Next?
      January 29, 2021 9:27 AM MST

But a positive way in whose opinion?

One disability I've thought a lot about is going blind.  Probably because my grandma lost her sight, before I was born.
    I have decided that I would rather die than lose my sight. 
    So if I had cancer and the treatment would guarantee to cure the cancer but leave me blind - I would opt not to get the treatment.

Of course, we're not that too many technological generations from bionic sight replacement options.

January 30, 2021 1:10 PM MST

A baby is starving to death or dying of thirst. The problem. The solution? Get the baby on IV's to hydrate and nourish. Baby lives. Who would have a problem with that solution?

Now of course I stacked that deck. There is no gain or loss for observers. Just the baby. When there is a gain or loss then of course it matters whose opinion.

Problem. FOOTOO is an SOB who is corrupt and has committed crimes. One solution...imprison him. Another solution...let him walk. Both won't please the same person. That's when WHOSE comes into play.

As for going blind I guess Helen Kellar's life would not have suited you. You do not value life enough m'dear. You simply don't. You could still taste and hear and smell and feel and speak. Many who are blind lead joyful lives. You would not be among them and that is a pity. Now what would I rather die than suffer from?
    Something like Alzheimer's or extreme senility where I would have left Rosie somewhere behind and just be helpless and someone's burden. I don't want that. I would opt out of life if it came to that. Otherwise? I don't know. I've seen some very inspiring people who live in wheelchairs or worse in beds needing care 24/7. But their minds are still sharp and they can still be productive if only as showing others the possibilities of finding joy from being alive. It all stems from the mind of course. Once that's gone what's left is of no value to the mindless person and a huge burden to those around. Also I would opt out if I were in excruciating pain that meds could not relieve. My brother-in-law shot himself in the head and lay dead on the bathroom floor. Cancer riddled his body. His voice box was long gone. He couldn't take it. Sorry for that. But it happened and it was very sad. Thank you for your reply Walt. Wasn't it Beethoven who became deaf but still composed music he heard in his head? Also I have heard if you lose one sense the others become sharper. Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 11, 2021 8:23 AM MST
      February 11, 2021 8:20 AM MST